Author Topic: PlayStation Asia  (Read 1323 times)

PlayStation Asia
« on: December 17, 2016, 10:15:30 pm »
I noticed under PS4 regions that Chinese releases are categorized "PlayStation 4 [CN]." Really, this should be "PlayStation 4 [AS]" and "PlayStation Vita [AS]" as PlayStation Asia covers a multitude of countries and languages, similar to the EU. It covers China, Hong Kong (ENG), Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, etc.

Also I'd like to see a PSN variant of this added: PlayStation Network [AS] for at least PS4 and Vita. I added Cyber Danganronpa VR under the PS4 JP PSN listings and wanted to do the same for the Asian region too, as that's the one I own and the only way to own that demo in English is through Asia PSN.

Re: PlayStation Asia
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:30:15 am »
I mentioned that previously too and I already forgot what the reply was  :-[

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:32:31 am »
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:38:19 am by puddingm »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:15:23 am »
I mentioned that previously too and I already forgot what the reply was  :-[

love your avatar :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:59:14 pm »
Founded: https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5818.0.html

It doesn't seem you ever got your request. It really is a big annoyance. PlayStation Asia is an umbrella that essentially covers the entire continent, minus Japan. Surely other people will run into this categorization problem thanks to people seeking out Asia English copies of games that don't get physical releases in the west. I originally looked into this because I just ordered the Asia English copies of Jojo Eyes of Heaven PS4 and God Eater 2 Vita from Playasia and wanted to know how they'd be categorized.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 10:49:54 am »
It has been brought up in general before, that link is too old.

For now, put other Asia release games in [CN] category, but make sure to use the appopriate suffix if the game is not Chinese release.