Author Topic: How (and where) I found a grey NWC Cartridge for $15 (with picture proof)!  (Read 1435 times)

hexen

Today I have REALLY exciting news! I was out and about on my usual exploration looking for NES & V-Smile games when I decided to check a place I usually don't. There is this small little pawn shop that I went into once and found nothing but the usual fare (power tools, katanas, VCRs and printing presses, you know) but today I decided to give them another look. I was just looking through the glass cases when I saw it... a grey Nintendo World Championship cartridge! My heart was racing as I asked the old lady at the counter how much it was. She told me it was 'one of those Nintendos' and that she would give it to me for $20. I could hardly keep my composure but I asked if $15 was alright in an attempt to conceal the value of the item. She said it was fine and I have NEVER raced out of a store so fast. Of course, there was a chance that this was a fake cartridge and I had to open it up to inspect it. I have this documented for you.

I had to carefully open up the cartridge first, of course. As I did I was sweating bullets, I had to be as careful as possible to not damage it in any way, even the slightest bit of dust touching the board would be a huge failure on my part.

OH MY GOD THE BOARD IS LEGIT! HOLY SHIT!

I was sitting there, trembling, puking my guts out, so nervous to ask my very first NWC cartridge to the senior prom before I even noticed something else about it. After the shock wore out and my erection slowly went away I had over looked something about the cartridge... oh my god... it coulden't be...
The only known copy of Half-Life 3 was inside the cartridge as well!

What an exciting day! What an exciting April 1st! I've never had such an exciting April 1st! On this April, fools would be the only ones not excited! Freaking ugly, stupid, dumb and hairy fools! At any rate, I carefully put the board back into the cartridge, making sure to situate it just right for it's new eternity sealed in a glass case.

Hi, I'm Hexen, otherwise known by my real name Jonathan Gerald Smith-Douglas, by profession I am a stage magician. The more keen eyed among you may have figured this out, but for the majority who haven't I would like to put your fears to rest - this was NOT a real NWC cartridge and what you saw was only a well crafted illusion for April Fool's day! In actuality, this was but a worthless copy of Little Samson I worked my magic on to play a fun trick. If you would like to know how I did it in intricate detail, please visit my website and order my DVD!

Jonathan Gerald Smith-Douglas' Guide to Prestigious Prestidigitation, only $19.99!
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

sorry  hear about you having to spend money on this obviously fake game. I think you did the right thing to by smashing this fake game, after all you could have returned it. But then it would have gotton sold to someone else. and I find your actions vary acceptable. I think you also have a vary good eye in spotting fake chips like this one. It's good to know whats inside of it. although I just buy games to play them and every game I have bough so far. Matched the correct label, unlike this garbage cartridge.

that first off it as you were saying, was not only fake but, had an entirely different game than what was being advertised

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I took this post vary seriously. because If I were you I would be vary angry to spend money on this. And I don't think you were joking about this. But, I saw you had no reply so I just gave you my thoughts, on this that all. :(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:07:45 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Ok so it was a joke but the cartidge you smashed was indeed a fake :D
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

sworddude

This would have been an excellent april fools joke If a store did this on purpose.

Moreover also a nice way to earn money since 20$ for a fake or just terrible NES game is way to much.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

hexen

Oh, OldGamerz, your staunch and serious response to what was clearly a joke made doing this worthwhile. I was a bit annoyed I went through the effort to smash up a cartridge and not a single senpai noticed me, but then you scrolled through pictures of a board with pen writing on it, hammers everywhere and crudely drawn paper in a Genesis box and still managed to write a paragraph about it being realistic before going back to see it clearly wasn't. If it weren't for the pictures, I could overlook not noticing I posted it on the 1st, although I did bold April 1st a lot of times, and then did that little fake story at the bottom, but that was a few paragraphs of reading, afterall.

In the end, it just brought a smile to my face to see your response, so thank you very much :)
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

rayne315

Oh, OldGamerz, your staunch and serious response to what was clearly a joke made doing this worthwhile. I was a bit annoyed I went through the effort to smash up a cartridge and not a single senpai noticed me, but then you scrolled through pictures of a board with pen writing on it, hammers everywhere and crudely drawn paper in a Genesis box and still managed to write a paragraph about it being realistic before going back to see it clearly wasn't. If it weren't for the pictures, I could overlook not noticing I posted it on the 1st, although I did bold April 1st a lot of times, and then did that little fake story at the bottom, but that was a few paragraphs of reading, afterall.

In the end, it just brought a smile to my face to see your response, so thank you very much :)

lol I read through it and the only thing I could think was you are a legend... and you didn't mention where you got it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Warmsignal

I thought it was for realz until you went to inspect it via a hammer.