Author Topic: SNES classic edition or PS1 classic edition?  (Read 1374 times)

SNES classic edition or PS1 classic edition?
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:59:49 am »
Which mini console remake would you be more excited for if they were announced?  PS Mini Edition or the SNES classic edition?  :D.  Which would you buy if you could only pick one and not the other.

Also, what games would you want for each if you could choose and do you like my lists for each console?  :)   

They are both so nostalgic and incredible.   Which would get your preorder first?   ;D

I think i'd pick SNES because i like the way 16 bit games look when they are remade in HD.  :).   

doafan

Re: SNES classic edition or PS1 classic edition?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:04:09 pm »
Would love to pick any of these two but my answer will be None cause I want to have a Dreamcast classic edition, what ?, I can dream  ::)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:06:19 pm »
But... Tales of Phantasia was never on NA PS1s...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

indenton

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »
But... Tales of Phantasia was never on NA PS1s...

Also, EarthBound & Chrono Trigger were never released on PAL SNES' oh and Chrono Cross on PAL PS.  I mean the stupidest one is Super Mario RPG didn't get localised either. 

I can understand Ape Escape not being here because of the lack of Dualshock.  But Tomb Raider? Oddworld? Classics? no we need 3 final fantasy's, 3 crash's  Bloody Vagrant Story, where have you been!  Don't know who this Tomba fella but uhh, Klonoa got a bone to pick with you.  They should stand united or disappear. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:48:29 pm by indenton »

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »
It would really depend on which games the systems had pre-loaded onto them... I'd probably lean towards the ps1 overall though as it had many more great games like Spyro, crash, Croc, Tales of, suikoden, frogger, Digimon and much more! The Snes on the other hand has Zelda... chrono trigger and uhm Phalanx?

hexen

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 02:17:07 pm »
The PSX is just a more advanced system that requires a bit more effort to emulate, so I think I'd go with it from a game-play perspective. For a collector's perspective, definitely the SNES because as a system it means more to me.

I'd probably lean towards the ps1 overall though as it had many more great games like Spyro, crash, Croc, Tales of, suikoden, frogger, Digimon and much more! The Snes on the other hand has Zelda... chrono trigger and uhm Phalanx?

The SNES lacked good games? I could get a list of every drug in existence and you would still have to be on 5 more not known to man to come up with that. Then again, you listed Digimon and Frogger as an all-time PS1 classic on a system which had much more prolific games... so maybe 8 unknown drugs.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:21:15 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 02:22:19 pm »
I'd say PS1 just because your PS1 and PS2 are bound to fail eventually being disc-based systems (My PS1 is on it's way out, it has certain games it doesn't like now). Your SNES will last you practically forever if you take care of it.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 08:40:38 am »
Lots of...what's the word...unique(?) opinions on here.

I think MvC2 must have meant Tales of Destiny instead of Tales of Phantasia, although I'd be good with either.

I'll buy both.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 10:47:53 am »
I'll just stick with buying the actual games.

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 12:57:42 pm »
I am VERY FAR from being a Nintendo fan, so I will take the PS1 Classic Edition (whatever the games contained in it) over any console-on-a-chip released by Nintendo. Hell, I think I would even rather picking up a 3DO Mini than a SNES Mini.

However, it is impossible to deny Nintendo's relevance in the history of video game as both an art and a business, so I own a Famicom Classic Mini and would definelly get an SNES, N64 or GameCube Mini if they ever decided to launch any of those (I would probably pass on a Wii Mini though... haha)

soera

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 01:01:07 pm »
I would buy the Playstation version cause its a must have. I would buy and play the hell out of the SNES one cause that game list is amazing.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 01:46:24 pm »
While I think the PS1 game list would have to be tweaked a little, I would rather see a PS1 classic mostly because as time goes by these games will be harder and harder to find/play due to disk drives wearing out and disks being a fairly fragile form of media.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 04:53:14 pm »
SNES Classic for sure.  The games are better and look better.  Early 3D can eat a bowl of dicks

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 09:45:15 am »
what turf said!