Author Topic: Question about Xbox gamers & Xbox fanboys  (Read 2055 times)

lordscott

Question about Xbox gamers & Xbox fanboys
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:42:06 am »
Why do Xbox gamers & Xbox fanboys in general hate import games?

Before you say oh I'm a sony fanboy stfu because A. I'm not a Sony fanboy & B. I have different favorite games from different companies including Nintendo,Microsoft,Sony & import games & those motherfuckers want to put the restriction back on Xbox & those motherfuckers don't want Xbox to be region free they want Xbox to be region locked. The hell if they region locked Xbox then they'll missing out on awesome,great & fun games & they sound like they are racist & honestly i hope their petition don't succeed & yes those motherfuckers sometimes makes me sad,mad at the same time & makes me feel ashamed to be a gamer & makes me feel ashamed to call myself a gamer.

Sorry for a rant+question & i admit that sometimes i want to know wtf & the hell or what the hell if you fellow gamers can help me understand why do those motherfuckers hate import games & if you wish to include try to cheer me up feel free to do so thanks,thanks for reading,thanks for your time,thanks for your understanding & thanks again for your answers :).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:17:58 am by lordscott »

Re: Question about Xbox gamers & Xbox fanboys
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 06:53:13 am »
What the hell are you on about?

I have never seen anyone, ever, desire that a console be region locked or that less games were available for it.

lordscott

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 06:58:47 am »
What the hell are you on about?

I have never seen anyone, ever, desire that a console be region locked or that less games were available for it.

I never seen it either & check out 1 of Alphaomegasin's YouTube video he was talking about people who played Xbox One & there a petition to have Xbox One to be region locked hopefully it won't succeed

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 08:30:50 am »
So, out of curiosity, I looked up said video/petition.

Dude, it's FOUR YEARS OLD. And the one petition with a still-active link doesn't even have 30,000 signatures.

It is not super surprising to think that there's a tiny fraction of people (apparently around 29,000) who live in an area with good enough internet to be willing to go all-in on a digital console setup that gives you a bit more control over your downloads, even at the cost of highly restrictive ownership checks. Which, it seems, is the meat of what said petitions were trying to do- a return to the nearly all-digital focus of the initial Xbox One launch presentation. Not demanding region locks out of some bizarre xenophobic fear.

Don't take the actions of a handful of extreme opinions as the mindset of on entire fanbase/userbase. This is a non-issue.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:33:47 am by hoshichiri »

lordscott

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 09:00:33 am »
So, out of curiosity, I looked up said video/petition.

Dude, it's FOUR YEARS OLD. And the one petition with a still-active link doesn't even have 30,000 signatures.

It is not super surprising to think that there's a tiny fraction of people (apparently around 29,000) who live in an area with good enough internet to be willing to go all-in on a digital console setup that gives you a bit more control over your downloads, even at the cost of highly restrictive ownership checks. Which, it seems, is the meat of what said petitions were trying to do- a return to the nearly all-digital focus of the initial Xbox One launch presentation. Not demanding region locks out of some bizarre xenophobic fear.

Don't take the actions of a handful of extreme opinions as the mindset of on entire fanbase/userbase. This is a non-issue.

Sorry for a dumb question & sorry for brought it up i admit that sometimes i was starting to wonder in general on what's going sorry

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:01:24 am »
He's back

Nickkchilla

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:25:38 pm »
He's back

Guess who's back?  Tell a friend!

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 01:29:13 pm »
Yeah, I haven't heard about this either, so I appreciate hoshichiri looking up the video and checking on the date.

If anything, lordscott, just watch the language. We don't have any specific rules about vocabulary, but let's keep it classy  8)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 01:47:49 pm »
Region-locking benefits nobody, why would anyone want that?

But for XBox, it's not like it matters much. There's like hardly any Japanese exclusives, because no one in Japan likes XBox. Not sure how the European scene is with XBox, though.

lordscott

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 02:47:13 pm »
Yeah, I haven't heard about this either, so I appreciate hoshichiri looking up the video and checking on the date.

If anything, lordscott, just watch the language. We don't have any specific rules about vocabulary, but let's keep it classy  8)

Ok i will be more careful i apologize again for this question at times i do wonder why do they hate import games when they complain & such & started a petition to have Xbox One to be region locked I'm just asking out of curiosity & in general

telly

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 02:52:40 pm »
Well as Hoschiri said, it's a tiny fraction of people that are petitioning for this. If that's what they want to do, fine. It doesn't represent the entire Xbox community in any way, and it's not really fair to paint them all with such a broad brush as "complainers" and "import haters".

It's not really worth worrying about.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

lordscott

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
Well as Hoschiri said, it's a tiny fraction of people that are petitioning for this. If that's what they want to do, fine. It doesn't represent the entire Xbox community in any way, and it's not really fair to paint them all with such a broad brush as "complainers" and "import haters".

It's not really worth worrying about.

Ok thanks & i was trying to ask a in general question about this & thanks again for your understanding & thanks again for your time

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 12:40:06 am »
Ok i will be more careful i apologize again for this question at times i do wonder why do they hate import games when they complain & such & started a petition to have Xbox One to be region locked I'm just asking out of curiosity & in general

Based on the one still active petition, it seems like region locking really wasn't the issue at play.

When Xbox One was first announced, there were a lot of weird rules governing downloads (daily online check-in being a big one). Along with those, however, were some unique uses of said download games- like the ability to lend or sell your digital games. The petitions were about returning those features- the fact that they came with restrictions like region locking seems to be more of a 'necessary evil'- ie, "I want to be able to sell my downloads, and I don't play imports, so if I have to take region locking to get the selling ability, I will." I can't seem to find an instance of a group that specifically wanted region locking.

And quit apologizing! You haven't done anything wrong- you found something that you wanted to talk about. That's what forums are for! ;)

lordscott

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 12:45:54 am »

Based on the one still active petition, it seems like region locking really wasn't the issue at play.

When Xbox One was first announced, there were a lot of weird rules governing downloads (daily online check-in being a big one). Along with those, however, were some unique uses of said download games- like the ability to lend or sell your digital games. The petitions were about returning those features- the fact that they came with restrictions like region locking seems to be more of a 'necessary evil'- ie, "I want to be able to sell my downloads, and I don't play imports, so if I have to take region locking to get the selling ability, I will." I can't seem to find an instance of a group that specifically wanted region locking.

And quit apologizing! You haven't done anything wrong- you found something that you wanted to talk about. That's what forums are for! ;)

I'm just being polite & I'm just being respectful