Author Topic: Who here is loving Kingdom Hearts III? (Discussion Thread)  (Read 3870 times)

Re: Who here is loving Kingdom Hearts III? (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 12:31:48 am »
As someone who loved the first game and initially hated the second game but now just tolerate it, I'm not too optimistic I am going to love 3.  Watched the story recaps and then played about 30 minutes and I was bored and confused. I haven't given up yet and I'm sure I'll like it more if I put more time, I think I just would rather finish RE 2 first.

That's so weird to me to like the first one, but hate the second.  I mean the first game is the only one that feels like a real Disney crossover and that it acts as such, but KH2 is such a more fun game to play, and KH3 so far is way above even that, despite being quite lost with a lot of story elements.

It was not the gameplay that I had an issue with regarding KHII, it was literally everything else.  I loved the simplicity of KH I's story and characters and the clear structure.  I also found Proud mode to be very challenging and liked how you had to learn to guard properly to beat several of the harder fights. The last few hours of KH II were better, I just really hated many of the worlds- particularly Tron-ugh, I hated the whole Roxas story and so many little things just irritated me.  I also didn't love the combat in KH II, it felt too floaty and awkward.

The story of kingdom hearts as a whole is so confusing and there a bit of stuff that will make no sense in 3 unless you know the rest of it.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 02:54:09 am »
Just incase anyone wanted to catch up on the Mobile game set before the Prequel Game Birth By Sleep, this chap does a very good summary (I'm also adding the Part adaptation in the Movie from 2.8, which if you have time is more entertaining to watch but doesn't cover everything!):

Back Cover (Which Explains the build up to the Keyblade WAR - most of the Mobile game in a CGI movie):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar9-S9EjIf4

A video explaining the content of the the Mobile Game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbkXWBu-RBw

Then... the mobile game got updates in November & December:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5f9XnpqfQI

Watching this clued me up on alot of WTF was going on with this series in this time - I'm still not happy KH put important content in a mobile game but this is by far the best way to access it and make sense of it.

Avert your eyes from the video recommendations at the side as they are containing KH3 content now! Even by the uploader :P

As for the game still having an utter blast. some of the Worlds in this game are the best of the series!

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 03:10:16 am »
As for the game still having an utter blast. some of the Worlds in this game are the best of the series!

The worlds were usually the worst part of KH1 and KH2.  They were either short and badly done versions of what happened in the movies, or they were just not very interesting.  Not many that stood out overly well outside of a couple here and there or they were original worlds like Hollow Bastion. 

Each world now is like a few hours of either original stuff going on, or mostly well done sections of the movies and are vastly better than they ever were before and the visuals are so good, they are nearly on par with at least the CG films.  Not counting Twilight Town, I think I'm on my 5th world now and haven't come across a bad one yet.

jsoup

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 03:19:50 am »
I'm not far in, but it's pretty good so far.
Although, there have already been a number of parts where I've caught myself thinking "GodDAMN, are you STILL talking?"

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 04:58:35 am »
I'm not far in, but it's pretty good so far.
Although, there have already been a number of parts where I've caught myself thinking "GodDAMN, are you STILL talking?"

They have to get in their hourly quotas of saying "Hearts" & "Darkness" & "The Organization".  It's a tough job, but you better believe they'll say those words as many times as they can.  It's also not helped by Sora being super dense and Goofy having to spell things out every time lol This game can be fun and the best it's ever been, but the dialogue is still just as clunky and long winded as it always was lol