Author Topic: February 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8410 times)

theflea

Re: February 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2019, 01:51:35 am »
Well I went out game hunting all over Chicago, had some decent finds and my new game console came in the mail.
There's a TON of games to go through because it came with over 100 games.  :o

SWITCH
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Super Meat Boy

PS4
- Death End re;Quest - with Collector's Edition
- Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (my local used game store had it complete for $15)
- Hyper Sentinel
- Neonwall

NDS
- Lunar Knights

XB
- Knight's Apprentice

PS2
- Warship Gunner 2
- Mouse Trophy

PS1
Got a nice price on this game that was only released in Europe and Japan. Case was damaged in shipping.  :-\
- Bishi Bashi Special

3DO
- Mazer

SCD
Saw this CIB and it was $20 less then it sells for online.
- Wolfchild

SNES
my local used game store got in a bunch of SNES games, some CIB, they sold me these four boxes at $10 a pop.
- Speedy Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos
- Kirby's Avalanche
- Kirby's Dream Course
- Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

GEN
- Family Feud
- The Aquatic Games
- Twin Cobra

GBC/GB
- Maru's Mission
Found a rare GBC game for a good price on my trip to Chicago.
- Survival Kids

CV
- Artillery Duel

Atari 2600
Saw this CIB and in mint shape, I looked online and people want over $100 for a CIB.
Seeing it was only $25, I just had to get it. Cart alone goes for that price.
- London Blitz

And last the huge lot I picked up...
For a long time I was on the fence about collecting this system, Is it in the computer family? or game console Family?
In the UK it was treated more as a gaming console then computer, and I think its in the same category as the Atari 400/800 and TI99.
It's a Console Computer, basically a gaming console that can be used as a Computer. From what I understand it was designed to by a Computer but the market turned it mainly into the gaming console and it was bigger then Atari and Nintendo in the UK in the 80s.
So I found a seller with a huge lot and it roughly cost me under $200 once you count shipping it to the states.
- Sinclair ZX Spectrum +2 with 2 Joysticks and manual
Here's goes the long list of games, all are original (no copies) One of the reasons this system was popular for gaming is the ease of coping the Tape Cassettes it used as games.
- American Football
- Combat Lynx
- Paddington's Early Visit
- Starglider
- White Lightning (program to make games)
- The Enomous Turnip
- Hollywood Collection (Batman, Ghostbusters II, Robocop & Indiana Jones
- Mercenary
- Death Star Interceptor
- Starion
- Eddie Kidd Jump Challenge
- VU-3D (3D design program)
- Professional Ski Simulator
- Advanced Pinball Simulator
- Las Vegas Video Poker
- Crash Kick up the 90s Special (5 games on  one tape)
- Computer Clasics (Again 5 games on one tape)
- Konami Coin-Op Hits (5 konami games on 1 tape)
- Megaplay Vol. 1 (6 games on 1 tape)
- Star Games II (again 6 games on 1 tape)
- Crash December 1989 (5 games on one tape)
- Galactic Games
- Delta Wing
- Turbo Espirit
- Komplex
- Paperboy
- Grand Prix Collection
- Computer Maniacs 1989 Diary (don't think this one is a game)
- ATF
- 4x4 Off-Road Racing
- Buggy Boy
- Chequered Flag
- Spectrum Pool
- Master Mariner
- Fruit Machine Simulator
- Fruit Machine Simulator 2
- Pool
- Strike
- Video Olympics
- Run for Gold
- Speed King 2
- Flight Path 737
- BMX Racers
- Milk Race
- Flight Simulation
- Gary Lineker's Super Star Soccer
- Bridge Player
- ATV Simulator
- Leaderboard Golf
- Twin Turbo V8
- Kikstart 2
- Grand Prix Simulator
- Millionaire
- Super Hang-On
- Sentinels
- Ricochet (breakout clone)
- Kong (donkey kong clone)
- Caterpillar (centipede clone)
- Defenda (Defender clone)
- Spectral Invaders (space invaders clone)
- Frog Hopper (frogger clone)
- Beebul
- Starfire
- Avenger
- Timegate
- Thrust II
- Astro Blaster
- Light Cycle
- 3D Tunnel
- 3D Starfighter
- Vagan Attack
- Nonterraqueous
- Corridors of Genon
- Sentinal
- Agent X II
- Codename Mat
- Rasputin
- William Wobbler
- Xen
- Chronos
- Invincible Island
- Quattro Adventure
- Horace Goes Skiing
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Dragons of Flame
- Marsport
- One Man and His Droid
- Booty
- Road Runner
- Daley Thompson's Super Test
- Scramble
- Molecule Man
- Yogi Bear
- Yogi's Great Escape
- Joe Blade II
- Super Trolley
- Se-Kaa of Assiah
- Rapid Fire
- Jackle & Wide
- Street Hassle
- Pulse Warrior
- The Curse of Sherwood
- Lap of the Gods
- Transylvanian Tower
- Slightly Magic
- Fist II
- Ninja
- CJ in the USA
- CJ's Elephantantics
- Jason's Gem
- Journeys End
- Silkworm
- Incredible Shrinking Fireman
- Mad Nurse
- Dizzy
- Magicland Dizzy
- Treasure Island Dizzy
- Popeye
- Space Harrier
- Subway Vigilante
- Sigma 7
- Marble Madness
- Thunder Blade
- Motor Massacre
- Roadwars
- Road Blasters
- Operation Wolf
- Renegade III
- The Never Ending Story
- Forgotten Worlds
- Gauntlet
- Golden Axe

pew that was a lot to write. I also ordered a few other Spectrum games that interested me. You'll see those in future updates.  ;)
Spectrum games are cheap to collect for the most part, worst part is the shipping.
There are a few other computer consoles I'm thinking of adding to my collection if I find a good deal on a lot.
I don't collect PC and MAC but I am interested in many of the "Console" computers.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 03:40:12 am »

Been a fantastic week for local pickups.  Got a CIB FZ-1 3DO with all the plastic, inserts and sample discs included.  Got the very expensive lightgun new in box, and 17 longbox titles, mostly ones I didn't have.  And I paid about 40-50% Market.  The guy is even mailing me his original receipts from when his Mom first bought the console and for several games.  It also came in this awesome 90's Babbages bag.  Definitely one of the best pickups I've had in a while. 

Then I got lucky and caught a guy selling about 70 nes titles for less than $3 a piece.  It sat for over 45 minutes on FB marketplace and I was the first to message, which is unheard of in my area. 

Also hit up some game stores and got a ton of good deals. 

Too many games to list.  Some highlights:  Ristar CIB, Tomb Raider PS1 Collector's Edition, Dinosaurs For Hire CIB, Ghostbusters Genesis, Mega Man Legends II, Master of Monster Lair and a ton more of PS1 games for my complete set, down to 120!

sworddude

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2019, 11:01:15 am »
Well well it seems that allot of people on the forums have been getting some great deals I love the pics.

Personally Had some very great deals over these past few weeks more over I've added my number 1 game that I wanted to the collection I'm very pleased with these adds  ;D

Let's start of with some mediocre deals

mario kart and zelda windwaker sleeves for gamecube 12,50 a pop loss in decent shape but pretty hard to find in my country so It's pretty nice to find these

Probotector alien rebels cib english boxed version. in 6 years of collecting I've never had any luck with them 16 bit contra games on the sega or snes consoles yea sure as lose carts a couple of times but if it's not cib it doesn;t count in my book. I was in a pretty good mood this week so I got it for an okaish price of 62,50 shipped for the heck of it
The contra curse has been to strong for me however I'm pretty pleased that I've gotten way more rare games for cheap over the years so maybe it's a good thing that it only seems to be with the contra 16 bit series to me.

The good deals

Strategy guides 8 euro's a pop loss

final fantasy anthology
radiant stories
xenosaga
romancing saga
shadow of the collosus for free

Free ps2 ps1 deals all cib

ps1

Spiderman
spiderman 2

ps2

ages of empires 2
shinobido not for resale
ratcher gladiator
naruto ultimate ninja 4 with cardboard sleeve
romance kkindom VIII
tsugunai usa exclusive always pleased to find usa exclusives in deals in my country   :D

And than finally one of the more crazy sega deals I've had in quite some time many prizy rarities wich I already have or wich I had no interest in  ;D

These where the on I kept for free all cib in very nice shape

Chakan
light crusader
ex mutants
chiki chiki boys
Spiderman animated adventures
high seas Havoc pretty pleased to get this one wanted to try this one out for years ;D

And the crazy sega deal contained one more game a game that is most definitely at the top of my want list wich I kinda wanted since my beginning years when I started collecting for the 16 bit sega console

Alien soldier  :o  I did not expect to get this game for cheap But I'm very pleased In terms of gameplay great music so many bosses very few things not to love about it if your into these kinds of games Very pleased to finally ad this game to the collection

I also found a bunch of game catalogues between my spare manuals stacks and decided to store them seperately into  the collection since these are pretty fun to look through especially compared to normal store booklets with prices. Presentation wise pretty awesome stuff

Also found an n64 one but I forgot to picture that one has even more pictures but I guess it's only logical since the n64 is way less old. but overall quite some pages with pictures and info about the different games released in certain years in some cases categorized pages in each genre such as sports action etc.

Some fantastic weeks overall with some items wich i really wanted to have added to the collection

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:26:14 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

soera

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2019, 04:54:41 pm »
What is that Master system pamphlet?

sworddude

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2019, 05:06:46 pm »
What is that Master system pamphlet?

It's a game catalogue of the master system games in my guess a majority of the games wich where avaialble in my country in 1992

It's in the same style as the megadrive one but indeed not pictured open.

soera

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2019, 05:11:21 pm »
I have a lot of Master system papers but that one is new to me.

sworddude

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2019, 05:26:56 pm »

That does make sense I mean europe and the united states are different after all i mean box art of master system games especially on the back does differ from the US not only from some usa stickers but also with multi languaes etc on games wich in the US are 1 language only. There are probably also some other versions as far as these catalogues go of multiple years of this same series or different variations of catalogues as a whole. also while the front box art might be the same for the games, the master system in general was less succesfull in the US so I can imagine certain games never being released in the US wich did make an appearance in europe thus changing the list of games that are available.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:36:18 pm by sworddude »

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2019, 02:14:15 am »
Genesis
The Adventures of Batman and Robin
Streets Of Rage 2

NES
Strider
Wild Gunman

SNES
Super Metroid

PS2
State Of Emergency

PS3
The Saboteur
The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Xbox 360
GTA IV: Episodes of Liberty City

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2019, 08:14:46 am »
3DS
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - Nintendo Selects

Switch
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2019, 01:26:41 pm »
switch
Victor Vran: Overkill Edition
Starlink: Battle for Atlas - honestly I wanted to get this just for the Arwing and for $25 I thought it was a good deal and the game so far hasn't been that bad.

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 01:51:49 pm »
Xbox 360
Saints Row 2

tripredacus

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2019, 10:04:23 am »
I have picked up 2x SCART cables for Sega Saturn.

That does make sense I mean europe and the united states are different after all i mean box art of master system games especially on the back does differ from the US not only from some usa stickers but also with multi languaes etc on games wich in the US are 1 language only. There are probably also some other versions as far as these catalogues go of multiple years of this same series or different variations of catalogues as a whole. also while the front box art might be the same for the games, the master system in general was less succesfull in the US so I can imagine certain games never being released in the US wich did make an appearance in europe thus changing the list of games that are available.

There is also the situation where some SMS games were released in some countries with only differences in inserts, usually including the manual but it can also apply to other things as well.

sworddude

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 06:06:52 am »
I have picked up 2x SCART cables for Sega Saturn.

There is also the situation where some SMS games were released in some countries with only differences in inserts, usually including the manual but it can also apply to other things as well.

If the manual is different than most likely the back side is different as well since european games in most cases have multi language manuals and boxes. Some games are english box and manual only wich are most likely the exact same thing as the USA games. You ofcourse have examples such as sonic 1 wich even in the US have a multi language box and maybe not even an english only manual.

inserts as in commercial leaflets can ofcourse differ in each country but in europe as a whole for the most part it is exactly the same as far as sega games go every country had the same box and manual multi language. Sega was kinda cheap in that regard unlike Nintendo wich has box variations for almost every european country except for the smaller ones wich have a high chance of having english boxes as the default if a game is not popular enough.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:21:07 am by sworddude »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 08:16:31 pm »
Okay so I was missing 14 NES games since I moved last year  well they were just found at my mother's house as she is preparing to move so I went and grabbed them today so they are technically Pickups of mine and damnit they've been missing for a year

-Skate or die
-Startropics 2
-Super Mario bros/ Duck Hunt
-Super Mario bros 2 (backer reward for the Game Chasers Season 1 indiegogo)
-Super Russian Roulette (Kickstarter game)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Tetris
-Tetris 2
-Top Gun
-Top Gun the Second Mission
-Trojan
-Xenophobe
-Xevious
Also she gave me the TV that was in her second bedrrom
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:18:05 pm by redblaze57 »

spac316

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2019, 08:14:13 pm »
More recent picks from last week and now...
Horizon Zero Dawn, Furu Furu Park, Arena Maze of Death, Katamari Damacy ReRoll and Buffy TVS Wrath of the Drakul King as well as instructions for WCW World Tour and Revenge!