Author Topic: View Collection Prices  (Read 3060 times)

View Collection Prices
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:51:17 pm »
How do you or are you able to view your collection's price total or price breakdown?

I like putting in prices for my games when I add them so I can have a record of it but I can't seem to find a totaling of it in my collection view or an easy way to check it the value I paid for individual games. Am I missing something?

Appreciate all replies.

Re: View Collection Prices
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:08:53 pm »
I requested this feature too https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,9985.0.html  Maybe if more people get on board they will see how important it is.

You can always put your collection into Microsoft Excel manually and make your own bar graphs but that takes an enormous amount of time to do.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 11:11:10 pm »
I've always thought this would be a cool feature as well, but I can't imagine it would be easy to implement give how diverse our database is.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:42:22 pm »
Its something I have also wished for.....

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 12:12:32 am »
The only issue i see with this is that the prices for each game would have to be updated daily to weekly for each game and thats a big task.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 11:40:41 am »
The only issue i see with this is that the prices for each game would have to be updated daily to weekly for each game and thats a big task.

For me, I'd just like to see the prices for my own reference. Currently the I put in the price I paid for an item when adding it to my collection and the only way I can find to view those prices again is to go to my collection and hit edit on an item. I feel like a way to view your collection's total value at a glance would be convenient and the task would fall on the user during the game/device adding process.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 11:52:13 am »
For me, I'd just like to see the prices for my own reference. Currently the I put in the price I paid for an item when adding it to my collection and the only way I can find to view those prices again is to go to my collection and hit edit on an item. I feel like a way to view your collection's total value at a glance would be convenient and the task would fall on the user during the game/device adding process.

Simple solution: instead of adding that information in the price field, put it in the notes section. Presto. You'll probably win a million dollars before a new feature gets implemented to this website.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 03:55:54 pm »
I do know that the Staff looks like they made an excellent effort by linking game prices to Amazon.com, however it might be much work to update all the current link update the price value for each and every game, besides I'm not sure even if anybody uses the link provided to purchase games off amazon. Some of the links are located in the database under a desired game in the database

The staff are doing the best they can :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:07:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 08:26:30 pm »
Some of those Amazon links redirect to unrelated items...sometimes way out of left field.

Not really in the mood to look up examples, but take my word for it.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 02:57:48 am »
I ended up just uploading my entire collection into the gamevaluenow database, it tracks approximate value.  Pricecharting does it too but i find gamevaluenow more intuitive. 

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 09:13:07 am »
Nice - never knew about that website. Thank for the heads up!

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2019, 06:31:06 pm »
@nickawesome Did you use a custome CVS template or did you download the one provided when you click export on this site? I tried to bulk upload using the CVS generated by this site but Gamevaulenow didn't accept it.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 02:59:38 pm »
I just entered each game one by one.  I started it a couple years ago when I had a lot less in my collection so it wasn't too bad.  And it helped me confirm what I actually had as some of my information was inaccurate or outdated.  It also allowed me to identify which ones were complete/missing manual/ just loose so I then knew what to look for when I go out hunting for games.  I now keep VG Collect and Gamevaluenow both updated of my current collection.  Thinking about also having my collection uploaded to Gameye to be able to readily identify what to look for on the go but keeping up three separate databases might be a tad ridiculous. 

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 03:49:37 pm »
[...] Thinking about also having my collection uploaded to Gameye to be able to readily identify what to look for on the go but keeping up three separate databases might be a tad ridiculous.

You didn't ask for an opinion, but yes - more than a tad I would say. But hey, if you have the stamina to juggle three, more power to you.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 03:33:09 am »
[...] Thinking about also having my collection uploaded to Gameye to be able to readily identify what to look for on the go but keeping up three separate databases might be a tad ridiculous.

You didn't ask for an opinion, but yes - more than a tad I would say. But hey, if you have the stamina to juggle three, more power to you.

Ha, yeah it does sound a bit ridiculous.  2 is likely more than enough.  But I get a lot of enjoyment about tracking and organizing my collection so I still might do it!