Author Topic: Opinions on the February 2019 Nintendo Direct?  (Read 3336 times)

azure

Re: Opinions on the February 2019 Nintendo Direct?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 01:07:29 pm »
Astral Chain looks off the hook and I can't wait to play it. Mixed feelings on the new FE.

soera

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 07:06:23 pm »
One day I may own a switch (I do have the CE for Octopath Traveller waiting for that day). I think this was one of the best Directs ever. They didnt waste time with details on crap thats already been known about, they did what they should have: announce new stuff. Im of course excited for the DQ stuff ... but the remastered Zelda game looks pretty cool. I hope that Oninaki gets a physical release also.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 02:48:30 pm »
Really excited for MM2 as someone who skipped the Wii U. It might finally convince me to buy the Switch's online service.
I have mixed feelings on Link's Awakening as I played through most of that game a few years ago and don't really want to spend 40 dollars (or worse, 60 dollars) to play it again. Though the possible QoL improvements could make me break down and buy it.
I am strongly considering purchases of both DQ games, I think the general Nintendo public is underselling them in comparison to LA.
After that, stuff trails off rapidly. I'll probably play that Yoshi demo eventually but am not really interested in the game, the FF games are expensive for straight ports, and I just don't enjoy Captain Toad enough to put additional money into it. Also no interest in Fire Emblem and I feel bad for the people who do like the series having gotten stuck with a Harry Potter plot and another edition having "choose from one of these three campaigns" as a mechanic. The new franchises will all have to prove themselves to me and I might pick up ACIII two years after release when its going for ten bucks on ebay, as is standard with that series.

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 09:25:34 am »
I was hoping for some Pokémon, but I was pleased with what I saw. Bloodstained, Dragon Quest XI, Oninaki, and Astral Chain are definitely must buys for me when I get me a Switch. Daemon X Machina continues to interest me, but I like mechas, so...

Link's [Re]Awakening was a nice surprise. But admittedly I'm biased when it comes to Link's Awakening since it was a big part of my childhood. Love the toy, almost clay-like style they went with.

And LOL, FFVII ported (yet) again.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:49 am »
And LOL, FFVII ported again.
I mean, they announced that months ago, this was just the release date reveal.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 01:20:53 pm »
*shrugs*

To be honest, I scarcely follow gaming news anymore, so I wasn't aware of that. I actually learned about the Nintendo Direct because alienstudios submitted the entry for the Link's Awakening remake and, not only did it put a smile on my face, but got me curious...although admittedly I just recently watched it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

jsoup

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 12:54:26 am »
As with most Nintendo Directs, it gets a *shrug* from me.
Tetris 99 is pretty neat.
Link's Awakening remake I'll pick up down the line.