Author Topic: Do You Ever Get Tired Of Facing Bosses At The End Of Game?  (Read 1155 times)

Do You Ever Get Tired Of Facing Bosses At The End Of Game?
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:19:38 pm »
I used to play boss fights a lot in fact to the point I personally think that too many video games end with a boss or multiple bosses.

Facing a boss inside a video game usually means to shoot or dice up a fairly large or powerful person, beast or vessel    in most cases. I am currently tired of facing bosses at the end of a video games, it all seems to do the same OR sometimes requires A game guide or a certain special way in order to defeat them.

Most bosses I don't like at the moment are shoot em up game bosses where your are forced to dodge a bullet hell storm without dying, I stick to relaxing video games mostly now because most other video games, just plain wear me out to the point I quit playing because of mental fatigue
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 08:23:05 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dreama1

Re: Do You Ever Get Tired Of Facing Bosses At The End Of Game?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 09:21:57 pm »
Ninja Gaiden 1

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 09:35:06 pm »
Boss fights usually end up being the most engaging and exciting parts of the game, so I really don't. 

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 09:49:15 pm »
Not really- most games have you punching/shooting thingies, so it makes sense for them to end with you punching/shooting a BIG thingy. I've played a game where you punch your way through that doesn't end in a boss fight... and it was wholly unsatisfying. The Big Finale is very important!

I do get you to an extent, though... I've also played many a game where they don't put a lot of effort into making the final boss unique/challenging/FUN in any way- they just throw extra HP into a reskinned normal enemy at let you have at it. This are pretty terrible too, confusing challenge for pure monotonous grind- it would almost be better to not have the boss at all in these cases.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 10:06:57 pm »
Not really. To me the end boss is the representation of everything you faced throughout the entire game and by beating the end boss your proving to yourself that you deserved to finish the game.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:25 am »
I’m sure most developers think they need to stick to the concept of “end game with a huge climax” like a movie, hence a big epic battle against a big enemy.
But, one game I can think of that bucked the trend is The Last Of Us. No final boss, just a final level, an escape sequence, and done. And I don’t think anyone complained about the absence of a boss because the game was so well done and what they did worked just fine as a climax.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 02:18:33 pm »
I've played a game where you punch your way through that doesn't end in a boss fight... and it was wholly unsatisfying. The Big Finale is very important!

Makes me think of Fable 2. Final fight is just a few waves against some regular enemies. Then you reach the villain, and the entire confrontation is either you shooting and killing him mid-speech or another character does because you waited too long.

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:57:45 pm »
For me, it really depends on how expectation was built up leading towards the fight.

Having the final bout™️ with Liquid Ocelot at the top of Arsenal Gear after dozens of hours of gameplay (and cutscenes) in the whole series at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 really felt exhausting, but cathartic at the same time.

On the other hand, while I remember loving to play Uncharted 2, I hated the final brawl with the bullet sponge that was that final guy (about whom I couldn't care less)...

thewelshman

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 11:42:00 am »
For me, it really depends on how expectation was built up leading towards the fight.

Having the final bout™️ with Liquid Ocelot at the top of Arsenal Gear after dozens of hours of gameplay (and cutscenes) in the whole series at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4 really felt exhausting, but cathartic at the same time.

On the other hand, while I remember loving to play Uncharted 2, I hated the final brawl with the bullet sponge that was that final guy (about whom I couldn't care less)...

I have to agree with you. If the build up is done well, it makes for a better ending. I've played some games where I beat the final boss and didn't even realize it was the final boss. Then the games is over and I just sit with a confused look on my face. Games need a good payoff. Though, sometimes when you have to go through a lengthy dungeon, followed by mid-bosses, and then multiform end game bosses, it starts to feel tedious.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:14:40 pm »
It depends on the game, but usually no. I like a good, challenging boss at the end of a game.

mark1982

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 03:26:03 am »
Nah, fighting the G-Virus never gets old.
  l    l