Author Topic: Is Apex Legends connected to Titanfall?  (Read 1407 times)

afroyoshi

PRO Supporter

Is Apex Legends connected to Titanfall?
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:22:51 pm »
I've noticed a lot of weapons that were in titanfall like the Hemlok and the EVA-8 auto. Even the character Pathfinder looks like those robots you would see randomly in titanfall maps. So is the game in some way connected to Titanfall?

Re: Is Apex Legends connected to Titanfall?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 04:00:25 pm »
It's set something like 30 years after Titanfall 2, but it is set in the Titanfall universe.  I think they just didn't want to name it Titanfall due to how vastly different the gameplay is, not having the same mobility or use of Titans, which could cause issues with people expecting a new Titanfall game.

mark1982

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:19:09 am »
Has anybody on VGCollect tried Apex Legends? or have any interest in trying it out?

It's hitting a crazy amount of player numbers - Last I read, 25 million in a week  :o that's insane..
  l    l 

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 04:44:28 am »
Has anybody on VGCollect tried Apex Legends? or have any interest in trying it out?

It's hitting a crazy amount of player numbers - Last I read, 25 million in a week  :o that's insane..

I have like 30 hours into it right now, something like Level 14 I think.  I think it's a pretty great BR game.  While it's clearly been in development for awhile, it's basically Blackout crossed with Overwatch/Rainbow Six Siege.  Solid gunplay and movement, some real good QoL things that other BR games could use, and the "Legends" gimmick of having characters with abilities is a fun addition to the game, compared to say Blackout, where you have to pick up things to give you abilties.  Even with it being 3 player squad only, that hasn't kept me away as normally I avoid squad play with rando's in other BR games.  The ping system really helps to make you effective even when not wanting to use a mic.

shatterstar69

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:35:52 am »

I detest BR games on principle but Apex Legends is too good to overlook and it's quite fun even though I really suck at it.
Time to make the donuts!