Author Topic: Game Buying Vs. Other Family Fun Or Friend Wants  (Read 1072 times)

Game Buying Vs. Other Family Fun Or Friend Wants
« on: February 16, 2019, 08:12:48 pm »
Lets say you wanted another (out of budget for both) game or lot for your collection, and you had a fixed budget or savings, Lets say you had a family, wife, husband or good friend or children and had 2 choices game or other family fun what would you choose?

I have a strong belief that family should come before self, even if it is an inconvenience to myself. I would choose family just for the sake of doing the right thing, (feels guilty)___ I never had a wife, or husband or children because I don't want to make a lot of sacrifices, but if I did I would put family, wife, and friends ahead. Like I did when I was living in my old apartment.

Please keep in mind as long as you have an income money can always be replaced by your next paycheck

PS. I make sacrifices now to help my relatives and people and I don't mind, and I am happy to have what I have

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:25:41 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Game Buying Vs. Other Family Fun Or Friend Wants
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 11:34:52 pm »
Why aren't they playing the video game too, lol? Seems like fun all around and the best solution depending on how one defines "family fun". Of course, I married a gamer because, well, I don't know how gamers marry non-gamers. I'd probably have nothing in common with them, props to those who manage to make that work for them.

I don't have kids yet, but I just kinda grew up playing on my dad's games a lot from what I remember(at least until I was like 9 or 10). So I like to think I'd do the same with mine. I'd love for them to learn an appreciation for old games too.

Of course if we're talking like Birthdays or other holidays I'd put my kid's gifts first. There'll always be another opportunity to get what I wanted.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 04:16:35 am »
It certainly pays to not have much family in that case.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:36:53 am »
My family really only consists of my mom and my girlfriend; the barely see the rest of my family and they aren't involved in my life enough to care about my gaming habit. As for my girlfriend, she is just as into gaming as I am, albeit she just does mostly modern gaming and PC gaming, but she has always been 100% behind me being a gamer and a collector. My mom on the other hand thinks my collecting habit is a bit odd, but she has never objected to it or thought of it negatively.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 10:15:31 pm »
Experience trumps property, hands down. It's not like they're aren't more copies of games around- you might even get a better deal later on. As a general rule, you're only gonna get one shot at your family fun day. Why give that up?

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:38 am »
I have plenty of fun playing games with my family

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 10:40:48 am »
Family is always first. Gaming and the hobby around it always takes a back seat when dealing with the important family matters or fun family time.

However I have blown off friends on occasion to play games on lazy Saturdays, not all the time, but it happens  :P
  l    l