Author Topic: Will you embrace all digital streaming subscriptions?  (Read 2215 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Will you embrace all digital streaming subscriptions?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 07:54:32 pm »
I've never paid for a single game that requires you to download it. I don't even pay any attention to any of the online marketplaces, so I don't even know what games exist on them, and I don't care. Not planning to look into them, either.

mark1982

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 08:12:54 am »
It's happening a lot sooner than we think folks - Xbox rumored to be releasing no disc drive Xbox's next gen...

From Jeuxvideo.com - [Rumor] - http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/1006598/projet-scarlet-les-deux-prochaines-xbox-devoilees-a-l-e3-2019.htm

Translated from French

So there will be two different models, one weaker and cheaper with no blu-ray reader and one uber powerful and expensive.

Precisions :

- Two Scarlett devices announced this E3: Lockhart and Anaconda
- Lockhart = entry level device, no disc drive, digital focused machine
- Anaconda = high end device, price similar to Xbox One X's launch price
- Xbox should announce a disc drive less Xbox One in the coming months
- Launch fall 2020
- For the specs sheet, they say that this is what was rumored to be but can only confirm the presence of SSDs on both machines. They're NOT confirming the full sheet.
- Halo Infinite is a launch crossgen game
- Ninja Theory's game is slated for early 2020
  l    l 

mark1982

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 08:53:04 am »
Personally, when it comes it comes.

Physical video game collectors are in the minority when it comes to how consumers purchase their games. I read it all the time on other forums as well, the majority of people prefer an all digital future rather than to have clutter. And to be honest I'll probably cave once Dark Souls 5 or 6 is a digital only title. Do I like it? definitely not, but it's just the way it has to be. Hopefully we can still rely on Limited Run Games or EastAsiaSoft for certain titles.

And just for fun:

I was at a local game store the other day just chatting with my friend since he works there and some loud teens walked in, they were just browsing at some headsets and one said "Lol imagine buying physical games in 2019..." then the other replied "my cousin, since he lives in an area with bad internet" which then the first responded with "That's his problem, can't stop progress..."

I then looked at my buddy, nodded and said "He's right you know..." my buddy then replied "Well... better close up shop..." we got a chuckle out of it then felt sad because it's true and we're old...  ;)  Heh, we both definitely agree that it's only a matter of time that the all digital future is coming. The owner wants to change the focus of the gaming shop to more retro when the time comes, or just close up shop and sell digital keys online or something. Time will tell.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:11:43 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 10:57:47 pm »
In a word? no.

Want me to elaborate? Okay... HELL no!

I’ve always said when gaming goes full digital (and I have no doubt it will) that’s when I will gladly retreat to my “retro” carts and discs, happy to never pay for an online subscription/streaming service.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 03:33:52 pm »
no that is a disgusting future I don't plan on participating in

brb never leave the house for any media
brb never leave the house for food
brb morphing with couch

I think those that happily embrace an all digital future are short sighted or happily ignorant and lazy and dependent of modern systems for the sake of being "connected"...but for what?

I love that my dad shares his collections of whatever with me and I hope to do the same with my children. I have a lot to learn still

Only action and matter is real and permanent, everything else will be lost. After all said and done youre left with nothing except time has passed

modern infrastructure can only last so long

also, being at the mercy of internet service providers for literally everything would be a reality in an all digital world. I don't care how "advanced" you think the service will become, they are greedy corporations who will do everything to fuck you for profit. they don't care about you, you are a number to them and their greed is insatiable.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:38:57 pm by borjesson16 »