Author Topic: Favorite cartoons growing up?  (Read 2961 times)

pzeke

Re: Favorite cartoons growing up?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 09:00:36 am »
The edds. Can't believe no one has mentioned this.

Catchy theme song.

when i was little i enjoyed watching cartoons from the 1940's to the 1990's.

Mighty Mouse was the cheesenit. And the Superman shorts by Max Fleischer were ahead of its time.

Also, I find your avatar quite appropriate to the topic at hand, pacgamer89. Loved the Centurions growing up.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:57 pm »
Thanks, The Centurions is one of my favorite cartoons i've seen.

stealthrush

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 05:01:47 pm »
Cartoon:

Mighty Max
Three Friends and Jerry
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
Wild C.A.T.S
Transformer Beast Wars
Invader Zim
Rocko's Modern Life
Tiny Toon Adventures
Gargoyles
Phantom 2040
Rugrats
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
The Powerpuff Girls
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Rocket Power
Captain Planet
Darkwing Duck
Dexter's Laboratory
Freakazoid!
Ren & Stimpy
Doug
Hey Arnold!
SWAT Kats
Batman
Street Sharks
Ironman
Reboot
Spiderman
X-Men
The Tick

Anime:

Mon Colle Knights
Flint the Time Detective
The Vision of Escaflowne
Pilot Candidate
Samurai Pizza Cats
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, G-Gundam, 0080, 08th MS Team
FLCL
Ronin Warriors
Patlabor
Bubbmegum Crisis
Outlaw Star
Digimon
Monster Rancher
Shaman King
Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z
Mega Man
Battle of the Planets
Voltron
Thundercats
Pokemon
Medabots
Cardcaptor Sakura
.hack//sign
Shinzo
Trigun
Reign
Tenchi Muyo!, Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo
Blue Submarine No. 6
Robotech
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 05:04:27 pm by stealthrush »

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 08:21:24 pm »
You hit 2 of my favorites.  I assume we might be in the same age group :)

I grew up on the Powerpuff girls, courage, grim adventures of billy and mandy, ed, edward and also eduardo, and dexter's labratory,  scooby doo in my real young years. 

On the nickelodeon spectrum, I binged Spongebob, Jimmy Nuetron and Timmy Turn Fairly Odd Parents. 

My top 5 favorite cartoons growing up

This list will definitely differ from all time because as a teen I began to like Family Guy and South Park but i'm talking soley little kid era here :D

1. Spongebob Rectangular Prism Pants

Spongebob defined my childhood and taught me more than any teacher. It represented life struggles, life lessons, complex intricate dry humor along with a cast of characters that is rivaled by almost no other show.  In it's prime (seasons 1-8) it may very well be the greatest cartoon ever made. It's simply god tier in a sense it can entertain any age group.  As an adult I can still put on the spongebob seasons and I always find a new joke I always missed before.  It's complex, it's unique and it has incredible stories. 

2. The Simpsons

Like I said earlier, I hit my full Simpsons stride at around 10-12. And might not have fully become a fanatic as a young kid,  But I was always a huge fan and always allowed to watch it. I had all the games and figures.  No show was as consistent and balanced in it's innovations in the adult cartoon genre.  And although it was a little risky for parents to allow young kids to watch, most adults can find pure blissful humor disguised as real life issues that are both relatable and amusing due to the hyperbole the show uses to convey the messages interlaced within the story telling.  The writers for the Simpsons were truly on another level and paved the way. 

3. Fairly Odd Parents

I just sat for a minute wondering who I could possibly put at the 3rd spot between Courage, Jimmy Nuetron ect...  it's so hard :).  But for some reason when I was a kid I loved this show most.  Fairly Odd Parents was just awesome to me as a kid.  It was good until the baby came along and it started getting played.  The concept of a boy who can have any wish was also fun to watch.   One major flaw was the "fairy rule book" which was silly because it stopped Timmy Turner from bringing pac back to life :(

Jimmy Neutron

Jimmy Nuetron was educational, funny and also had complex characters and plot telling.  I rememeber liking it fondly although it's been so long since I've watched it :)

Grim Adventures of Robert and Melinda

I always loved the art style and creepy vibe of the villains, plot and characters of GAOBAM.  I loved the character dynamic and it was definitely a unique show and stood out among all the amazing shows.  Although if I thought more Powerpuff girls or Courage would probably win this spot :)

It's so hard to pick.  So many amazing childhood classics. :D

As an Adult the list is.

1. Spongebob
2. Family Guy
3. Simpsons
4. South Park
5. Fairy Odd Parents

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 09:23:38 pm »
I was born in 1984, so I took in a ton of late '80s though '90s stuff.

The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! was an early favorite. I was obsessed with Nintendo and to me Lou Albano played the perfect Mario. They had wacky live action skits mixed with animated segments. On Fridays it became an animated Legend of Zelda show too!

Lots of others too:

Heathcliff
Dennis the Menace
Inspector Gadget
Transformers
GI Joe
TMNT
Mega Man animated series
Duck Tales
Goof Troop
Animaniacs
old Looney Tunes and Disney shorts
Sailor Moon
Ranma 1/2
Batman Animated Series
The Simpsons

Probably lots of others I'm forgetting  ;D

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 12:32:06 am »
Scooby Doo
Flintstones
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Loony Toons
Transformers
Hong Kong Phooey
Jetsons
Valley of the Dinosaurs
Starblazers
SpongeBob
Super Friends

wolfen

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 03:50:14 am »
For me it was mostly Toonami, Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim(yes even as a kid).

Toonami: Naruto, Inuyasha, Bobobo-bobobobo, Fullmetal Alchemist

Adult Swim: Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, Family Guy(when it was in its prime), American Dad

Cartoon Network: The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy(my personal favorite cartoon ever), Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Evil Con Carne, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, Ben 10, Teen Titans, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Totally Spies, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, etc.

Miscellaneous: Spongebob, Jackie Chan Adventures, Xiaolin Showdown, Sonic X

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 03:54:38 am by wolfen »

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 08:04:50 pm »
I seen some of mostly all  the cartoons already listed by others, in short I seen a ton of different cartoons, I seen just about every single "The Simpsons" cartoon ever made I think. but I quit watching "The Simpsons when every single episode on TV was the same thing over and over.

I used to watch Dragon Ball Z every day after school. Mostly during the cartoon network 1st Freza era on cartoon network. then the Cell era came. But I stopped watching DBZ when they started showing the bue or boo episodes. on weekends on cartoon network cable channel.

My least favorite Dragon Ball Z villain is boo, that pink blob. fighting a pink blob I thought was too immature to watch. I think it was the first episode boo came a villain on I stopped watching for a long time.

I was born in the late 1980's, and in my younger years it was watching mostly Disney movies, (Mostly cartoons) But even at a young age I didn't like the singing events of the Disney cartoons. Still don't understand why they were in just about every single Disney cartoon ever made.

Does anyone not like most the singing events in Disney cartoon movies or am I the only one? I did like all the lion king though
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:40:04 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"