Author Topic: Who has best cover arts? Japan or US?  (Read 8987 times)

sworddude

Re: Who has best cover arts? Japan or US?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 06:22:50 pm »

Sorry, but that is the best cover ever. Period.

Yea sure as a joke picture to look at I agree, one of the more funny box arts but to have on the shelf and to look at it It's pretty ugly as hell. I'd rather have the more generic but pretty cool looking phalanx box art in europe simular to other great shoot em up box arts.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:02:38 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 08:18:09 am »
I've always been fond of the European Box Art in a lot of cases - In particular with the PS1, I Prefer their Cases with the embossed strip compared to the other standard CD jewel cases.

Also, I will defend the Final Fantasy box art, there is something special about seeing that plain white background with full focus on Amano's Artwork Logo, looking at the USA FF covers I find them too busy filled with characters and no room to breathe. I actually have found it a shame that later FF games haven't kept the traditional blank background and logo design - FFXV was meant to but it doesn't have the PS4 strip at the top making it not look authentic.

telly

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 10:35:01 am »
Personally I've found the Japanese FF games from the PS1 on with the white background to be very boring. I really like the NA games, especially VII and X.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 06:28:55 pm »
It's probably a bias, but NTSC always has the best box art compared to any other region. It's not just the cover itself, but also the box art template and layout. There's going to be some stinkers, but overall I'd take our lot over anyone else's.

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2019, 11:42:56 am »
There's no doubt about it, from the NES era onward, the Japanese had the best box art, manuals overall, period, barnone.

I sometimes buy Japanese manuals and boxes on various systems for the artwork alone.

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2019, 05:55:55 pm »
I usually prefer Japanese cover art. I like the art style, the color palette, and the layouts in general a lot more. I'll try snap some side-by-side pics from my collection and post them up.