Author Topic: Site Suggestion - Search within collection  (Read 2520 times)

topspot123

Site Suggestion - Search within collection
« on: December 02, 2017, 12:47:05 am »
I brought it up a long time ago, but I think an option to search within your (or anyone's?) collection would be helpful.  Like I was just answering a post about golf games, and I wonder how many golf games I have.  Maybe user name could be added as a field in advance search, would that do it?  Thanks.

thedotadoctor

Re: Site Suggestion - Search within collection
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 02:26:53 pm »
I also agree with this. I allow my stream to look through my collection to recommend games. They always complain they can't search.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:10:53 am »
Yes please add this. I'm not going to put the rest of my collection on the site before i get a search option. Without it i cant make a quick search while shopping to see if i already own that game or not.

topspot123

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »
Yes please add this. I'm not going to put the rest of my collection on the site before i get a search option. Without it i cant make a quick search while shopping to see if i already own that game or not.

jsyk, when you search the database for a game, an 'in collection' prompt will show on each item in the search results that you have in your collection.  So in your instance, a simple search will answer your question. 

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:42:35 am »

jsyk, when you search the database for a game, an 'in collection' prompt will show on each item in the search results that you have in your collection.  So in your instance, a simple search will answer your question.

It would yes if i am lucky enough that the games that show up is exactly the version i have added to my collection. Some games have 15+ versions i do not want to look through all of them everytime i need to know if that game is in my collection :)

topspot123

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 07:42:19 pm »

It would yes if i am lucky enough that the games that show up is exactly the version i have added to my collection. Some games have 15+ versions i do not want to look through all of them everytime i need to know if that game is in my collection :)

True, good point.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 04:56:07 pm »
I agree with this. It would be very useful considering how many items many of us have in our collections here.

I would also love to see a feature to be able to filter your collection by genre, release date, or publisher, too. Because I like looking at stats like that.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:15:57 am »
This is my biggest suggestion for this website - it is the most glaring missing feature.  I am nearing 1000 games and it's very disappointing to have to click through pages and pages to find the right part of the alphabetical list where the game I'm looking for is.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 09:32:10 pm »
+1, this would be really useful.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 07:47:38 pm »
+1 here too. 

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 09:59:41 pm »
+1

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 09:57:33 am »
+12

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:19 pm »

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 04:36:05 am »
yes, this is the biggest feature still missing in the service. A search within collection and within Wishlist. Quickly to look up if i have a game and what version would be great. The general search doesn't really cut it when you need to search for a generic title "Castlevania" that has hundreds of versions.

And in wishlist search would be quick to find a game and remove it from wishlist for example.