Author Topic: Metal gear solid 2 help.  (Read 2264 times)

Metal gear solid 2 help.
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:44:06 pm »
Hello I just purchased metal gear solid 2 today at gamestop and can't figure out what version of the game I have so I figured I would post here and try to figure it out.

The front of the box looks like this

The disc.

The price tag says substance but it doesn't look like the boxart for the substance version or any other version I have found. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:48:38 pm by anorangepikachu »

jobocan

Re: Metal gear solid 2 help.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:52:19 pm »
From my quick research that's the japanese boxart.

http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/R2FtZXMvUGxheXN0YXRpb25fMi9TdHJhdGVneS9UYWN0aWNhbA==/metal_gear_solid_2_sons_of_liberty_frontcover_large_TOUT8XUeAAI8oiB.jpg

This boxart did appear in the US though, in the "Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection" on PS2.

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »
Didn't the collection come with 3 dvd cases? It was probably from the bundle but broken out and sold on it's own when someone traded it in.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »
Didn't the collection come with 3 dvd cases? It was probably from the bundle but broken out and sold on it's own when someone traded it in.

Yup. So someone bought the Essential collection, didn't like MGS2 and traded-in just that.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:48:42 pm »
Thanks for the help guys. ^_^ It looks like I have the disc for the standard edition and the case and manual from the essential collection which is really going to bug me.-_-

Should there be a separate listing for the essential collection version of each game?

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »
Thanks for the help guys. ^_^ It looks like I have the disc for the standard edition and the case and manual from the essential collection which is really going to bug me.-_-

Should there be a separate listing for the essential collection version of each game?
Ideally, no. The bundle was sold as a three pack, there's no reason for single listings to exist in my opinion.

I'd just return the game if I was you and demand that they give you the right game instead. You have the first version of MGS2, Substance fixed a ton of bugs and added new features.

scott

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:13 pm »
Nope. There should never be separate listings for packs like the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection or the Devil May Cry Anniversary Collection, since they are part of one package they are one item.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread