Author Topic: Xbox game pass is pretty sick  (Read 1021 times)

Xbox game pass is pretty sick
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:23:14 pm »
They've just added Just Cause 4 to it.

A AAA game that came out on 4 December 2018, three months ago, retailing at 60 bucks. Now it's just part of the package. The same package you got to play Crackdown 3 day and date with, the same package you get to play Forza Horizon 4 anytime with.

Microsoft is going hard getting people into this.

I feel a lot better about this game pass thingy than I do about gold which always felt like paying to play online which is free on PC and I already pay my internet service provider so wtf and the 'free' games were never actually free because hey I paid for them.

Game pass is a pretty legit value. Even if you paid the highest price you could for a 12 month pass you could play multiple of the year's AAA releases right through to completion for a fraction of buying them 60 bucks a piece new and you'd get a bunch of older games to boot.

kypherion

Re: Xbox game pass is pretty sick
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:30:33 pm »
Gonna come off sounding like an asshole but why use XBOX over Playstation?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:41:52 pm »
Gonna come off sounding like an asshole but why use XBOX over Playstation?
I have both. But to the question - better controller, the amazing value proposition of game pass, the best racing games, friends being there, UI preference, Play Anywhere (buy on xbox also able to play on PC), backwards compatibility with xbox 360 titles (a big reason), xbox one X is more powerful than PS4 pro, xbox has a 4K blu ray drive, features like 'snap' to multitask playing a game and doing something else on the side and far superior controller battery life and more.

Honestly I've always found xbox to be better other than game library which admittedly is the main point of a console but for multiplats which is most games I'd rather be on my Xbox. I like the controller feel, features, battery life and UI all more on xbox.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »
It really is.  I got 3 months for like $9 last year and played several games.  There were many that I wanted play but didn’t care about owning and this was an excellent cost effective way.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 09:25:58 pm »
Game Pass is coming to both Windows and Switch, and that has convinced me I need it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 09:34:03 pm by courtlyhades296 »

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:30 pm »
It looks fine.  I might check it out once, but there aren't a lot of games I'm really interested in playing and it doesn't do a ton of new stuff unless it's Xbox related, which as we all know, they don't have a good selection of games.  I'd probably at least play Shadow of the Tomb Raider so I don't have to pay much for it, maybe see how the Banjo-Kazooie HD games look like on a PC, see if there's any sort of better performance there (I don't exactly know how the service works)...Maybe Halo 5 and the Master Chief Collection for the heck of it?  I could probably at the very least get something out of it for a month.

If there is anything I could say positively about it, it does seem like a vastly better value than Playstation Plus.  Makes that look super shitty in comparison especially now that they offer even less games a month.

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 04:00:00 am »
Do they have Halo 3: ODST? I think that is one Halo game not included in the Master Chief Collection, because you not playing as Master Chief in "Halo 3: ODST"

Just a reminder the game "Halo 3" and "Halo 3: ODST" are completely different games and "Halo 3 ODST" was released on the Xbox360 only I think. and is an exclusive game to the Xbox360

In Halo 3 ODST you play a role as a different human soldier, not master chief but  I can't remember who
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 04:01:39 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 04:21:44 am »
Do they have Halo 3: ODST? I think that is one Halo game not included in the Master Chief Collection, because you not playing as Master Chief in "Halo 3: ODST"

Just a reminder the game "Halo 3" and "Halo 3: ODST" are completely different games and "Halo 3 ODST" was released on the Xbox360 only I think. and is an exclusive game to the Xbox360

In Halo 3 ODST you play a role as a different human soldier, not master chief but  I can't remember who

I don't remember his name, but I do remember him being played by Nathan Fillion lol Was a fun little spinoff experience at the time, playing as just a normal ODST.  I just looked and ODST is not in the Game Pass even though basically everything else Halo is.  It's only on the backwards compatibility list.