Author Topic: Can You Name Some Seemingly Forgotten Video Games?  (Read 1751 times)

Can You Name Some Seemingly Forgotten Video Games?
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:16:30 am »
Can you think of some older games that you think are practically forgotten, maybe released once and never re-released they can be both good games or bad games in your opinion.

I can think of one game in particular called "G-Nome" for windows PC made in (1997), a from what I gather not too many people liked this game due to it's really dumb AI. Where the CPU opponent always crashes into the mountains and then tries to attack you from the other side of a, mountain it cannot climb. So the CPU just keeps bumping into the mountain till you come around it yourself and attack the CPU

But I loved G-Nome because it was the first Mech game I ever played that you could exit your Mech and walk around and find other ways of transportation or even hijack other enemy Mechs. By using a special gun that causes the pilot to eject letting you take control of the enemies mechs and vehicles
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:40:23 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Can You Name Some Seemingly Forgotten Video Games?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:02:47 am »
This seems much more challenging to do on a site full of people that collect.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:08:43 am »
Thrillville: Off the Rails, not really an old game but it was one of my favorite game as a kid and I still think it's a really fun hidden gem.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 09:19:55 am »
Oh there's piles of one & done games out there- my personal soft spot is for Cyborg Justice, a decent enough side scrolling beat 'em up with the interesting gimmick of building a custom cyborg prior to the game's start, then modifying it on the fly by literally ripping your opponents apart & taking their parts. Decide partway through a level the flamethrower arm is better than the chainsaw arm? Pull it off another guy & put it on yourself. Just keep in mind taking an arm won't kill him & he can still try to kick you to death. (You can also take legs & torsos. That'll kill 'em.)

I tend to be more interested in games that managed multiple releases, and yet have faded from the current scene completely. I'm sure you can guess one I'm into *points to avatar*, but another favorite is Lunar. Especially Lunar the Sliver Star- it amazes me how a game can stay so firmly in the 'niche JRPG' category when it's managed to get SIX friggin' remakes in! Especially since all of those happened well before the 'X game remastered edition' craze really kicked in. Somebody out there must've really, really liked this story to keep pushing it.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 10:07:17 am »
Mortyr
I'm Going In
Solar Winds
Albion

Of course, there are a lot of PC games that would fit into this discussion.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 10:50:13 am »
Christmas lemmings 1993/94. I have admittedly never played any lemming games before but I remember seeing one of these https://vgcollect.com/item/39909 at a garage sale years ago for a firm $40 (side note I hate when garage sales list items at what they were bought for) I don't know about you but just searching through every lemming game to find the correct listing this game only came on the amiga and EVERY other lemming game came out for practically every system.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 03:16:17 pm »
Voyeur & Cyberia.
2 PC games I bought in the mid-90s that no one seems to remember.
When I added Voyeur to my VGC collection, I remember it showed only one other person on this site owned it   :P

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 03:47:30 pm »
Voyeur & Cyberia.
2 PC games I bought in the mid-90s that no one seems to remember.
When I added Voyeur to my VGC collection, I remember it showed only one other person on this site owned it   :P

Voyeur is more widely known as a CD-I title as there are 30+ of us who own it versus 3 PC owners. Likewise, Cyberia got a broader release first on 3DO and then on PS1/Saturn. I've come across both games on PC while perusing through traded in games at Half Price Books. One of the reasons I've avoided picking up those versions is they're usually not complete or I don't feel like messing with trying to get an older game to work on my current PC.

As for the subject, I don't think Namco has made a Final Lap game since the 16-bit era or included it on any compilations.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 05:56:29 pm »
Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of flesh for the pc was a great game I rarely hear anyone talk about. Also Hidden and Dangerous for the Dreamcast dispite it's Flaws is a great game.

stealthrush

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 09:08:54 pm »
Metamorphic Force (1993)

Psycho-Nics Oscar (1987)

Act-Fancer (1989)

Polystars (1997)

kashell

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 08:10:33 am »
Tsuginai: Atonement

ferraroso

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:49 am »
I really miss Alex Kidd as a character.
I’m the late 80’s, he was much bigger than Mario in Brazil...

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:38 pm »
Redneck Rampage

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 12:01:19 am »
Redneck Rampage

I used to have the Redneck Rampage trilogy on CD, I agree that Redneck Rampage is for sure a forgotten game on the PC, and even more so the Redneck Rampage Deer Huntin' spin off

But on other Redneck Rampage games while most of the levels are greatly detailed the enemies are far to difficult to defeat without cheats. And the moonshine for health thing makes it so if you drink too much you can barely control your character, in which I never beat or played either of the two main games without cheats. especially the space monkeys in which are too tough to shoot and same with the seemingly invincible dogs. It seems that the more tougher enemies are. the harder they harder to hit also. Space monkeys are the worst also same with the vixens,

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:03:06 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 11:00:55 am »
I've heard its terrible to play but I just love both the real life and in-game backstories to Mecharobot Golf, it's a shame it's so obscure.