Author Topic: Your Most Reliable Gaming Devices  (Read 2562 times)

kashell

Re: Your Most Reliable Gaming Devices
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 08:09:56 am »
Everything I own has been reliable.

The one that gives me the most worry is the PlayStation 4, but it's just due to its loud fan.

mark1982

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 10:22:00 am »
Pretty much all my retro consoles are going strong and still work fine. I just make sure I clean them on a regular basis. It’s only the newer machines that crap out more often. I went through 3 Xbox 360s that got the red ring of death. And my phat white PS3 died on me, I still keep it because it’s a nice display piece. My phat black ps3 works just fine along with my slims.

Surprisingly my launch PS4 still works fine with no issues, but I kept it away since I’m on a pro. So in conclusion the older machines are a lot more durable than the newer ones. If I see last gen machines going on deep sales I usually pick them up for backups because they crap out more often.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:23:55 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

kypherion

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 04:22:08 pm »
When I think of this I definitely think handheld, specifically the DS. Sure the plastic was weak, but with an R4 I could always play my DS games wherever I went, along with NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and of course rom hacks of all of those + DS, so like modified levels etc.

Now I've replaced that with my switch because of FF7 and Smash Ultimate.

My most reliable physical console was probably the Wii. Sure it had awful optical drive issues however the ability to do whatever the hell you wanted to it ensured that as long as you kept your disc drive in good enough shape for wii games, you could boot off of a flashdrive or an SD card.

I've pretty much always had a Wii and a DS and these have both lasted me a long time and definitely are worth owning, especially for their exclusives like Atlus' Trauma Center series on both devices or the DS Castlevania games.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

azure

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 02:19:13 am »
I still have all of my original consoles from growing up and they all work fine. Only system I have really had issues with before is the Xbox 360 because of the whole RROD ordeal.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
I take care of my things, and I only buy used consoles, so they all last my lifetime. The only time they break is due to old age parts failure or acts of god. My original PS2 died from a power surge, and my 2nd PS2 died when the disc tray gears went out.

My fat CECHE01 backwards compatible PS3 I bought used from GameStop in 2008 still works.  I also have a GameCube that I buried about 4 feet underground for a year that still works.

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 10:53:44 pm »
I still have my original Xbox 360 slim I got for my birthday from 2010. All my other systems are in good shape despite them all being pre-owned.