Author Topic: Just Got A New Game  (Read 1863 times)

mastodon

Just Got A New Game
« on: March 17, 2019, 03:38:40 am »
NES Batman is sooo good. I had it back in 1989 and now I have it again. Having a blast with it. Great gfx for NES. Music is outstanding. Cool cut scenes. Tight controls. So much fun.

Re: Just Got A New Game
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 03:40:51 am »
Never played it myself, I just know it has an absurdly good soundtrack lol  The boss theme in particular is top tier for that era.

mastodon

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:48:16 am »
It has to be one of the best movie adapted games.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:51:20 pm »
Yes Batman is a great game kinda reminded me of the castlevaina games on nes if I remember correctly.I loved every frustrating minute of it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 11:03:54 pm »
History is just lucky that it wasn't yet another bad licensed sideshow. Usually companies which had no intention of making a good game, would buy up the licenses to put out anything they could contract out for dirt cheap so that they could sell a crap product with a distinct name on it. Luckily, much like Capcom, Sunsoft generally cared about the quality of the games they put out so it's no coincidence that it ended up a classic on the NES.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:47:22 am »
I’ve been screaming this for years! 
Batman is one of the highest value games on the NES. By “high value” I mean fun and affordable. I can’t believe it’s still less than $10

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 10:03:44 am »
Yeah, OG Batman is great.  It’s a terrific mash of Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.

mastodon

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:38 pm »
Great music, cut scenes, movie quotes, micheal keton & jack nicholson pics and tight controls. Great 8bit gfx. Some levels have running water. Lots of movement in the backgrounds.  Yeah its still super cheap. I purchased mine for $13 at a retail retro game store (so i paid top dollar).