Author Topic: best hdmi splitter for ps3?  (Read 4941 times)

best hdmi splitter for ps3?
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:46:26 pm »
i want to start streaming ps1 and ps3 games with my elgato capture card but it wont work normally
pretty epic

Re: best hdmi splitter for ps3?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 04:27:18 pm »
i want to start streaming ps1 and ps3 games with my elgato capture card but it wont work normally

It does through component output however you cant get 1080p as a result.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I used when I was attempting the same thing you want and it has not failed me since using it.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:40:19 pm »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I used when I was attempting the same thing you want and it has not failed me since using it.

(edit) I don't really know what I'm talking about but you can use both an AV or and HDMI capture card with the PS3 but not sure about the splitter

an AV cable for PlayStation 3 but a PS1/PS2 AV cable is the same exact cable. But if you are switching from an AV cable from an HDMI after you plug in an AV cable. You may need to press, and hold the power button, on your PS3 for a few seconds to get a picture on your TV when turning it on. For the first time using the AV cable

I don't know how to use an HDMI capture card. I think I know how to use an AV output capture card, an AV capture card won't work with any HDMI hookup I think.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:45:40 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:44:10 pm »

(edit) I don't really know what I'm talking about but you can use both an AV or and HDMI capture card with the PS3 but not sure about the splitter

an AV cable for PlayStation 3 but a PS1/PS2 AV cable is the same exact cable. But if you are switching from an AV cable from an HDMI after you plug in an AV cable. You may need to press, and hold the power button, on your PS3 for a few seconds to get a picture on your TV when turning it on. For the first time using the AV cable

I don't know how to use an HDMI capture card. I think I know how to use an AV output capture card, an AV capture card won't work with any HDMI hookup I think.

You can use AV cable for the capture card as well as component. But to get the best possible quality for capturing the PS3 then you need HDMI but alas, the PS3 copy protection or HDCP will not allow the use of HDMI on a capture card directly. With a splitter, you can bypass the protection and capture 1080p footage using the capture card but only if you split the signal. 

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 07:19:21 pm »

You can use AV cable for the capture card as well as component. But to get the best possible quality for capturing the PS3 then you need HDMI but alas, the PS3 copy protection or HDCP will not allow the use of HDMI on a capture card directly. With a splitter, you can bypass the protection and capture 1080p footage using the capture card but only if you split the signal.
thank you
pretty epic