Author Topic: God of War: Ascension  (Read 787 times)

htimreimer

God of War: Ascension
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:55:43 pm »
Sony has unveiled  god of war: ascension to quote game spot (God of War: Ascension will take gamers "right back to where it all began." The game will let gamers "discover the origins of Kratos as he takes his first steps on a now legendary quest for freedom) once again i have to ask didn't the god of war series end at the 3rd one

for more info click the link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-unveils-new-god-of-war-game-6372278
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:48:59 am by htimreimer »

jcalder8

Re: Evidence of God of War IV
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:03:06 pm »
I won't be surprised at all when this gets announced, it's too much of a money maker for Sony not to release 4 through X

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:17 pm »
Of course 3 wasn't the end of the series. Considering Santa Monica Studio is... rather unimaginative...  the only thing they CAN do is God of War (in fact the only game they made that wasn't GoW sucked).
They take way too long to make any game (they have only 4 titles under their belt after being founded 13 years ago), so of course, when they make a game, they're basically forced to milk something that's a surefire hit, rather than making something original. Taking risks means a higher chance of becoming unprofitable, which many game companies right now are too scared to do (understandable when some of the best original IPs of the generation didn't sell well).
Don't get me wrong, they have a great team with tons of amazingly talented people, but they haven't ever shown that they can do anything original, so a sequel is a surefire bet financially.

I hope this will be a case of Santa Monica Studio actually putting some real thought and effort into the gameplay, rather than making it a button-masher.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 05:54:28 am »
I wouldnt be surprised, not to be mean or anything but a perfect example is the Halo series, if I'm not mistaken 3 was supposed to be the end of that series, yet there is supposed to be six Halo games, I think? I think because video games as a hobby is so much larger now and makes so much money that a lot of companies plan on multiple sequals and sometimes, not all the time, half-ass the earlier versions i.e. making games shorter in length and making DLC's almost required. I mean for a gamer why worry if a game is short you know there will be a sequal sooner or later. This is rambling a little bit, but one of my favorite games is Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube, and although I beat it every Halloween, it is really short and easy, but hey look a new one is coming out. I'm happy about it and all, but come on, if this one sells well enough expect another one.