Author Topic: Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012). What the heck is the official name?  (Read 846 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

We have a problem. About 3/4 of our database claims that the name should be "Need For Speed: Most Wanted: A Criterion Game" and the rest of the items claim it's just "Need For Speed: Most Wanted". All of Gamefaqs.com uses the longer name, while almost all of the other smaller sources uses the shorter name.

So what the hell should we call this game? I need to know what name to give to the canadian version that I'm going to add to the database.

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
or
Need For Speed: Most Wanted: A Criterion Game
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

Flashback2012

So what the hell should we call this game?

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
or
Need For Speed: Most Wanted: A Criterion Game

Both? The first being the regular name and the second being the alt name?

I'm more perplexed about the lack of box art than I am the naming scheme.  :P

tripredacus

All physical releases of the 2012 version should be called: Need for Speed: Most Wanted: A Criteron Game. All of the mobile or digital only versions should be called by whatever name is used on those storefronts. If, say, on PSN it is just "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" then that goes into the title and the name for the physical releases is put into alt-name.

See if the digital vs physical is what primarily separates the 3/4 you are seeing in the db.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

Thanks for clearing this up  :)
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!