Author Topic: March 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 4681 times)

sworddude

Re: March 2019 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2019, 08:14:17 am »
It was Virtua Cop 2! Or maybe it was Black Fire...that one is teh rarez!

What a shame the pic is ruined with Burning Rangers. EVERY collection I see has that common as hell game.  :P

if burning rangers was as common as you think that it is the price should have been super low instead of the crazy prices that it has

Also pretty hard to find in europe. I've rarely seen this game in old collections wich they had as a kid usually just pretty much always from collectors there is a reason why the game is so pricy it also doesnt help that the game is interesting gameplay wise

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:16:07 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telly

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 10:01:39 am »

What a shame the pic is ruined with Burning Rangers. EVERY collection I see has that common as hell game.  :P

if burning rangers was as common as you think that it is the price should have been super low instead of the crazy prices that it has

Also pretty hard to find in europe. I've rarely seen this game in old collections wich they had as a kid usually just pretty much always from collectors there is a reason why the game is so pricy it also doesnt help that the game is interesting gameplay wise

It's sarcasm dude :P
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 10:11:54 am »

considering the icon he kinda has some hate towards that game. It's not a 100% sarcasm if you'd have my opinion. also since it is kinda a sought after game many serious sega saturn collectors will most likely have this game in the collection so he has a point there.

Flashback2012

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 12:23:34 pm »

WHOOSH!

It was.  ;)

Just so we're clear, I knew right away which game Warmsignal was referring to. My poor attempt at humor fell flat though.  :-\

Also, I own the game.  ;D

I knew before it was ever released that it'd be hard to get/sought after and took appropriate action to acquire a copy by pre-ordering it along with the other releases like Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Magic Knight RayEarth. I mentioned this in another thread how my friends laughed at me for giving money to Electronics Boutique to reserve myself copies and how they scrambled to find their own copies of said games once they came out.  :P

As for the Euro-scene, you guys got some releases we never did like Keio 2 and Deep Fear.  :'(

sworddude

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2019, 02:56:44 pm »

WHOOSH!

It was.  ;)

Just so we're clear, I knew right away which game Warmsignal was referring to. My poor attempt at humor fell flat though.  :-\

Also, I own the game.  ;D

I knew before it was ever released that it'd be hard to get/sought after and took appropriate action to acquire a copy by pre-ordering it along with the other releases like Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Magic Knight RayEarth. I mentioned this in another thread how my friends laughed at me for giving money to Electronics Boutique to reserve myself copies and how they scrambled to find their own copies of said games once they came out.  :P

As for the Euro-scene, you guys got some releases we never did like Keio 2 and Deep Fear.  :'(

Keio flying squadron 2 is fun

I will admit though I was kinda dissapointed when playing this game when I got it

Obviously keio flying squadron 1 is an interesting shootemup

Sadly part 2 is more a platformer with a very small part of the game being a shootemup.

So if your expecting a good shoot em up It's kinda dissapointing.

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 05:27:20 pm »
Every once in awhile the thrift shop I go to is actually nice and doesn't overcharge on old cartridge games, I think it maybe having to do with who is pricing them at the time, so I got these pretty cheap.

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 11:57:48 pm »
Picked up a handful of 360 titles to get closer to completion and managed to get a lucky find.

360:
F1 2012
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
NBA 2K14
SBK X Superbike World Championship
WWE Smack Down vs. Raw 2010

And my lucky find:
N64:
Jet Force Gemini - CIB

When I buy a N64 game off of Amazon's warehouse deals that's a few bucks and marked as "Quality: Acceptable", I'm generally expecting a loose cartridge that's in rough shape but still playable. Getting an intact sealed box instead is certainly a pleasant surprise for sure.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 04:42:26 am »
Had some great pickups this weekend!  Hit some local stores on my day off Friday and caught a store seriously slipping on the price for a very rare and expensive Saturn variant and got a bunch of Final Fantasy strategy guides for a $1 a piece. 

Then went to a regional swap and got some great stuff!  Really excited to check out Call of Cthulhu, Iron Storm, Bloody Roar Extreme, and Blaster Master 2, among others.  I'm also down to 80 PS1 games left for the full set!

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 08:25:31 am »
Nice FF Guides, I am still debating on getting that Final Fantasy XII set with the artbook.

I too got some FF goodness today :):

Finally got the Japanese Limited Edition of Shenmue I & II with that lush 2-Disc Soundtrack! Really happy to have this as I finally got it off eBay from a UK seller. I also gota copy of Retro Gamer to read up on Virtua Fighter a bit more.

I got a Retro Gamer Edition with a feature on Final Fantasy saw this magazine from the same seller and thought it would be worth it. The Import is a Chocobo Dungeon game - Which is a Remaster of a Wii title, it's your typical rogue game with dungeons that randonmly generate. The appeal to me was that apparently it has 2-Player functionality.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:31:15 am by vivigamer »

theflea

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2019, 09:47:42 pm »
Well just added 3.. err 2 new consoles to my collection. I get a third one, but I had to send it in for a repair. I'm sure it will be in next weeks pick ups.  :P
Lets see what I added to my collection this week.

SWITCH
- Dragon Marked for Death
- The Princess Guide - Limited Edition with playing cards
- The Lair Princess and the Blind Prince - Limited Edition
- Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists - Limited Edition

PS4
- Wordhunters (only $4)
- Just Deal With It! (again $4)
- Project Highrise ($4)
- Yoku's Island Express ($4)
Gamestop also had B2G1 free so I got these 3 games.
- .Hack//G.U.: Last Recode
- Little Dragons Cafe
And this last one is why I bought 2 more games. It is shooting up in price online.
- Robinson: The Journey
I also herd the controversy over in Japan over this game and it being halted production and figured I better get a copy.
- Judge Eyes

VITA
- Code Realize: Future Blessings
- Fast Striker - Limited Edition

Wii
Saw this for $3 at my local used game store, meh why not. lol
- Tomagotchi Party On!

PS2
My friend hated crazy bus when I made him play it and I figured I'd try another Bus Simulator game on him. lol
- Toyko Bus Guide

DC
I picked up more Dreamcast homebrews.
- Battle Crust
- Bang Bang Busters
- Dux Version 1.5

3DO
I've been hunt for the last US model of 3DO for some time, always getting outbid or people wanting over $200 for one.
But I finally won one for only $90. (it also came with 3 games, nothing special and not new to my collection.
But I'll list them.
- Goldstar 3DO system with original Controller.
- Need for Speed
- Total Eclipse
- Zhadnost

MD
Found this odd game and picked it up.
- Battle Golfer

FAMICOM
Picked up a couple famicom games.
- The Legend of Zelda 1 (Cart version)
- Rockboard (A Mega Man Board game)

PGM
Earlier this year I picked up a IGS PGM Motherboard with a few games, I was going to get a Jamma super gun to use it but found a super gun adapter was expensive, cheapest ntsc one I could find online was a little over $400 and they go as high as $600. So I found Custom Consolized for about the same price.
In case you don't know what it is, it's the Chinese knock off of the Neo Geo MVS. The games are original but you can tell they where "inspired" by classic Neo Geo games. I do recommend Demon Front if you can play it.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:02:32 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"