Author Topic: Enjoying Smash Ultimate?  (Read 4269 times)

kypherion

Enjoying Smash Ultimate?
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:23:14 pm »
Personally I'm enjoying the hell out of Smash Ultimate. Ganondorf is actually good and is really, really strong. The roster is great and the sheer amount of music is incredible. The only things I really miss are break the targets, home run contest, and trophies. Rumors of stage builder and home run contest have surfaced of coming out.

What do you guys think?
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

telly

Re: Enjoying Smash Ultimate?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 12:59:41 pm »
I've only played maybe 30 mins with a friend but it was really fun! Felt good to play as my boy Snake again :D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:20:58 pm »
Smash has never been a single player game for me

if it was a single player game even with subspace emmisary home run contest etc .I would not like or replay smash much would be one of the lesser games for me if it was a single player game only.

Break the targets and home run contest are fun and all. But in every game they came in. I only played those modes a couple of times and hardly ever replayed them . Multiplayer is where it is at. I dont mind break the targets or home run contest not being there this time around zero shits given.

Got to say though smash ultimate is the first game in wich I actually enjoyed to play many different kinds of characters aside from my old favourites wich I would never pick up in other games such as snake belmonts king k rool mainly projectile charaters wich I would never pick up in any other smash game.

Personally the only few things that I miss are smash 4's captain falcon , running through opponents and the looks of brawls / smash 4 ganon for the memes   ::)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:24:14 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kypherion

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 01:53:01 pm »

and the looks of brawls / smash 4 ganon for the memes   ::)

Very intriguing, I was never a fan of Twilight Princess Ganondorf. For me Ocarina of Time/Super Smash Bros. Melee's/Space World 2000 Zelda tech demo was very nice. I feel he really was a Gerudo, his nose was long, he was beefy but not too wide, muscular, and absurdly tall (7'6"). That being said I can appreciate the memes of TP Ganondorf. Glad his voice got a makeover though, was not a fan of chain-smoking Ganondorf. Oh and the sword is awesome too, it was weird to have Ganondorf have access to a holy weapon to assassinate him, his Gerudo sword is absurdly large as well (estimated 7').

If you couldn't tell I'm a huge Ganondorf fan haha.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 04:25:40 pm »

and the looks of brawls / smash 4 ganon for the memes   ::)

Very intriguing, I was never a fan of Twilight Princess Ganondorf. For me Ocarina of Time/Super Smash Bros. Melee's/Space World 2000 Zelda tech demo was very nice. I feel he really was a Gerudo, his nose was long, he was beefy but not too wide, muscular, and absurdly tall (7'6"). That being said I can appreciate the memes of TP Ganondorf. Glad his voice got a makeover though, was not a fan of chain-smoking Ganondorf. Oh and the sword is awesome too, it was weird to have Ganondorf have access to a holy weapon to assassinate him, his Gerudo sword is absurdly large as well (estimated 7').

If you couldn't tell I'm a huge Ganondorf fan haha.

I will admit I also like ultimate ganon as far as them looks go like melee. It's more of a cool look. He also went to the gym it seems.

But for me Ganon started to be really fun in brawl and smash 4 as a terrible character but super strong. His looks and his voice always make me laugh. I mean for the memes twilight princess ganon for the win the absolute king of disrespect.

Cool factor is nice but the face of ganon is less funny in my opinion. I can absolutely see why people would like the looks of melee and smash ultimate ganon more.

i also prefered the voices of ganon in smash brawl and smash 4 but I will say that some of the alterations in voice are also pretty nice such as the booya but nothing can really replace the twilight princess ganon voice for them moves and taunts those where allot less in ultimate in my experience I really liked those TP ganon voices, it was kinda sad for me to see twilight princess ganon be no more in ultimate.

The sword is a postive though no complains about that.

Always one of my favourite characters to play in every smash game but twilight princess Ganon in smash will always have a special place in my heart.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 04:45:36 pm by sworddude »

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 05:41:33 pm »
I haven't played since it came out in December. I don't think it's bad, there is just a ridiculous amount of games I'd rather play with friends or alone. It's so similar to the Wii U version (that I played the hell out of) that I don't feel like I'm missing much by playing something else instead.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 05:50:54 pm »
It's a real good game, I just haven't played it much since it release.  World of Light was pretty bad in execution, but I beat it and I really only treat Smash as a party game.  I find it kinda boring to play solo though I'll jump back in for abit to fool around with Joker once he's released.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 06:51:41 pm »
I guess to the more casual players smash ultimate looks like smash 4

Personally I find that the gameplay is very different compared to smash 4 so many people in the smash ultimate scene would say the same no comparison to smash 4. Tournament scene players and biggest group with casual players can ofcourse experience things different when playing the same game.

telly

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 10:02:07 pm »
Like I said, only played it for a short time but it felt a little faster than Smash 4 to me
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 07:07:05 am »
I haven't played since it came out in December. I don't think it's bad, there is just a ridiculous amount of games I'd rather play with friends or alone.

This.  I played a ton when it came out.  I had a lot of fun.  But I also don't have the time to just play this one game.  My backlog is too big.

kashell

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 08:41:22 am »
I play it sparingly. There's just so many other things I'd rather play solo.

That said, Smash has been great for getting people together for parties, game nights, etc.

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 11:38:34 am »
I haven't played since it came out in December. I don't think it's bad, there is just a ridiculous amount of games I'd rather play with friends or alone.

This.  I played a ton when it came out.  I had a lot of fun.  But I also don't have the time to just play this one game.  My backlog is too big.

Yep, unlocked all of the fighters, completed World of Light and then basically haven't touched it since.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 02:45:05 pm »
I like to play it with friends on occasion. I haven't played online or finished world of light. World of Light is way too long! Otherwise I love the roster and flow of play.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 01:41:11 pm »
I binged Ultimate for like 3-weeks after it came out, unlocking every character and a third of the spirits. Several weeks ago I picked it back up and am at around 800 spirits now. The game is ridiculously good and at the moment is a top 10 game of all time for me. It's just such a well made game and takes everything from every prior Smash game and makes it 10x better imo.

telly

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:27:04 pm »
I played it with a group of strangers at a party last night and it was fun. And I had the shitty single joycon as the controller  ;D
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)