Author Topic: Walmart vs Target vs Best Buy (Department Store War!!)  (Read 17601 times)

Re: Walmart vs Target vs Best Buy (Department Store War!!)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 01:11:12 pm »
Toys R Us really is a shame. Kids nowadays will never get to experience that magic of going into a store where the whole entire thing is just filled with nothing but toys and video games. That's a special thing when you are young. Now, all major toy stores are gone. Never thought I'd live to see the day, but changes are coming so rapidly what you though would last forever is already gone. Who knows? Maybe in another 10 years kids won't even know what toys were, they'll be too entranced into technology and AI babysitting that a piece of plastic won't capture their imaginations anymore.

Wow, I never thought of it like that :(.   I haven't heard a kid asking for a toy for years and years now.  Hatchimals momentarily restored my faith but the fad died fast.  It's all about Nintendo Swtiches now for kids.  And Fortnite.  Fortnite is literally a game where you shoot people for points and people have kids playing it from the womb.  Our society is doomed lol.

I won't ever forget when getting a big godzilla toy or hulk hands would make a kid light up.  Now if you buy a kid a barbie, or a big action figure they'll be sad that it wasn't an ipad.  I never thought i'd see the day i'd be telling the grandpa "back in my day" stories.  but I guess the time has come  :'(

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 05:26:37 pm »
Best Buy- love it, where I get almost all my games, because I still have GC unocked....pair that with sales and new games can be dirt cheap.

Target- good for household items, clothes, food, etc. I go to Target a couple times a month.

Walmart- A bastion of filth. I usually feel the need to take a long shower after entering. They do carry some obscure titles though...but they aren't cheap so I skip 'em. I go maybe 1-2 times a year to check the sales shelf.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 08:03:54 am »
Toys R Us really is a shame. Kids nowadays will never get to experience that magic of going into a store where the whole entire thing is just filled with nothing but toys and video games. That's a special thing when you are young. Now, all major toy stores are gone. Never thought I'd live to see the day, but changes are coming so rapidly what you though would last forever is already gone. Who knows? Maybe in another 10 years kids won't even know what toys were, they'll be too entranced into technology and AI babysitting that a piece of plastic won't capture their imaginations anymore.

Wow, I never thought of it like that :(.   I haven't heard a kid asking for a toy for years and years now.  Hatchimals momentarily restored my faith but the fad died fast.  It's all about Nintendo Swtiches now for kids.  And Fortnite.  Fortnite is literally a game where you shoot people for points and people have kids playing it from the womb.  Our society is doomed lol.

I won't ever forget when getting a big godzilla toy or hulk hands would make a kid light up.  Now if you buy a kid a barbie, or a big action figure they'll be sad that it wasn't an ipad.  I never thought i'd see the day i'd be telling the grandpa "back in my day" stories.  but I guess the time has come  :'(

Kids still ask for toys- there's a big bin of beanie boos next to the register at one of my jobs, and every kid who comes in the door goes straight for them. My five year old niece loves getting new toys, especially barbies.

I think the difference is, there's other options now so kids don't always have to ask for a toy specifically for entertainment. It's like saying people don't see movies with the same wonder anymore becuase they're splitting their attention between them & videogames, tv, the internet. Also like movies, toys these days aren't cheap- even a basic toy often runs in the $15-20 range. A family with multiple kids could easily drop $100 on impulse new toys in a single shot. Hatchimals were in the $50-60 range! End result: kids ask for toys less often because it's far less likely they'd get a yes. It'd be like when we were kids, asking for a new bike every shopping trip. Not gonna happen.

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 08:55:42 am »
Best Buy- love it, where I get almost all my games, because I still have GC unocked....pair that with sales and new games can be dirt cheap.

Target- good for household items, clothes, food, etc. I go to Target a couple times a month.

Walmart- A bastion of filth. I usually feel the need to take a long shower after entering. They do carry some obscure titles though...but they aren't cheap so I skip 'em. I go maybe 1-2 times a year to check the sales shelf.

I love Walmart also because the staff have always been nice. But a women customer once was probably was thinking about punching me like Mike Tyson like I said earlier. At Walmart in store in the grocery isle.

yes Walmart stores tend to get dirty. Target and Best Buy from what I remember are cleaner around here. One time at my Walmart I could smell skunk/Mexican weed also called pot or marijuana  depending on whatever anybody calls it. On a person I think. They try to clean up at Walmart the best they can, I usually don't mind the pot stink from time to time, but that is because I grew up around some of people who smoked that stuff. But it only happened one time so far.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:51:21 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"