Author Topic: Nintendo Switch kept me sane these last six days  (Read 1158 times)

gf78

Nintendo Switch kept me sane these last six days
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:01 pm »
Wenesday, I picked up Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice for Xbox One. At 4PM when I got home, I popped it in. On top of the obligatory install, there was a 2.8 gig update. Fast forward to 8:30PM and it's finally finished on my pathetic internet connection. I played for a half-hour but didn't feel well and went to bed. Get up for work Thursday morning at 5:30 AM, feeling like complete crap. As the minutes ticked by, I got worse & worse and by 7:45, I hit the restroom at work with it coming out both ends like a busted fire hose. The doctor shoved a hard ass wooden swab up my nose and 10 minutes later, confirmed I had Flu A. So I go home and start my quarantine in the bedroom to protect my family - especially my 19 month old son from it. During my fever, aches, sweating, vomiting, hershey squirts and pounding head there was only two things that kept me sane.

The first was screwing with my iPhone loving friends on Facebook by making memes about how great my Galaxy S10 Plus is. But the real savior was my Switch. Diablo, Yoshi's Crafted World, Nintendo Online and a few other games kept me going.

I was in no condition to be crawling around unplugging cables, etc to relocate my Xbox and the Switch's portable nature and USB-C cable was all I needed. And it just highlights why I have fallen in love with the Switch as my primary gaming platform. It's not the most powerful. It doesn't get all the "big AAA" games, whatever that even means anymore. But it's the most fun for me. I can play it on my tv or on the go. I can pop a cartridge in and start playing, even if the games have an update. No waiting hours on end for a beta product on a disc to get patched up. It's just fun.  Thank you Nintendo.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo Switch kept me sane these last six days
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 09:50:30 pm »
Same thing happend to me a few weeks back hope you feel better soon.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:55:20 pm »
Sorry to hear about your illness. But I'm glad to know your having a good time with your Nintendo Switch. Life I believe was meant to have enjoyable media like video games, music, and movies, as well as books, and other fun things.

Me right now I am using my PC for music and gaming leaving all my consoles catching dust. Music alone pretty much keeps me sane and comfortable.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 06:38:45 am »
Cant remember ps4 or xbox ever having them aaa titles such as mario zelda pokemon etc what are you saying  ::)

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 02:11:20 pm »
When I got my wisdom teeth removed a couple years ago I spent the following week taking naps and playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. It's a great console to play no matter where you find yourself :)

kashell

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 03:20:39 pm »
I was in no condition to be crawling around unplugging cables, etc to relocate my Xbox and the Switch's portable nature and USB-C cable was all I needed. And it just highlights why I have fallen in love with the Switch as my primary gaming platform. It's not the most powerful. It doesn't get all the "big AAA" games, whatever that even means anymore. But it's the most fun for me. I can play it on my tv or on the go. I can pop a cartridge in and start playing, even if the games have an update. No waiting hours on end for a beta product on a disc to get patched up. It's just fun.  Thank you Nintendo.

All of this is why it's my preferred gaming console.

A new game is announced? I always make sure it's getting a Switch port before making the purchase.

Aside: hope you're feeling better!

gf78

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 10:02:03 pm »
Thank you everyone!  I'm back on my feet and feeling good. Have a couple chapters of Diablo III left and I'll have completed that title (on one platform or another) for the fourth time!  Just one of my all-time favorite games.

On a side note, I picked up Red Dead Redemption II yesterday. Started installing it, finally swapped out the discs and finished this morning. One of my favorite things about Switch, not having to install crap or wait for huge multi-gig updates (with a very rare exception here & there)!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us