Author Topic: Yard/Garage sales  (Read 471 times)

sworddude

Re: Yard/Garage sales
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 06:54:25 am »
@hoshichiri

Why would you want to have a wii fit board or a zumba for dirt cheap or for free?

Maybe for trade in values but otherwise I'd happily give those away for free aswell If I'm honest. zumba had some nice a

Your opinion is shared by many- which is why these deals are available at the hardcore gaming events. So if, like me, you like keeping novelty games around, it's a good place to find deals. I like being able to show people some of the weirder ways people can play games- control it with your feet (wii fit), dancerize (Zumba), giant plush baby controller (babysitting mama- also acquired for $1 at a church rummage sale). Not usually the best games, but always a unique experience. It's also a good way to get set up for some party games- my sister in law found a boxed set of Scene It controllers for the Xbox for $1 at one of these retro shows.

Obviously, it's not for everyone- but as I said, if you are inclined to have casual fare in your collection, hardcore events are a great place to get it crazy cheap.

I guess your right everyone can enjoy different things in the hobby

Allot of people love to play and collect filler titles to each their own I guess.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 08:20:13 am »
I'm not a fan of yard sales in general, but the few times I've been to them I came away with some neat stuff.

I think you need to keep your expectations really, really low when you go to them. Usually, they're just a place for finding older clothes, furniture pieces, or trinkets. The sellers are just trying to clear some space.
www.kashelltriumph.com
If you make me your enemy, you make the world your enemy.

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 08:38:54 am »
I'm not a fan of yard sales in general, but the few times I've been to them I came away with some neat stuff.

I think you need to keep your expectations really, really low when you go to them. Usually, they're just a place for finding older clothes, furniture pieces, or trinkets. The sellers are just trying to clear some space.

that's usually because a sale has been picked clean of good stuff hours before a sale opened. When you find stuff it usually because the items where added later on in the day when the buyers who where there early have already left.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mark1982

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:41 am »
Last couple of years flea markets and yard sales haven't been good in my area, even if I show up early.

I've had luck at thrift stores though, been getting good X360 and PS3 games for cheap. But mainly last gen games though, PS2 and original Xbox is all sport titles. Found a Genesis complete in box for a decent price recently, picked it up works fine and kept it for a backup. Decent amount of PS4 games are turning up too, but still priced too high for a thrift store, so still gonna wait on those to dramatically drop in price once next gen begins. I make friends with my local thrift store people, so they keep me in the loop when new stuff arrive, send me pictures and what not. Luckily their not collectors or play games in general so they don't keep the good stuff for themselves. :P

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:07:12 am by mark1982 »
  l    l