Author Topic: Lukie Games???  (Read 2245 times)

Lukie Games???
« on: April 29, 2020, 02:25:44 pm »
Anyone order from Lukie Games? I hear that they're overpriced, but I decided to take a look and they have better prices than eBay on less popular games. Like Mario, Zelda, etc. are all overpriced, but Unreal Championship on Xbox is cheaper than eBay. Plus, free shipping on orders over 25$ so I got a pretty good deal on the ones I ordered. They haven't came in yet so I can't attest to the condition of the games. I know it sound like I work for them, I promise I don't lol. Just wondering what everyone else thought of them.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: Lukie Games???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 02:42:31 pm »
Actually just received an order from them.  90% of inventory is overpriced but occasionally you can find reasonably priced stuff.  I have a bunch of empty game gear and gameboy boxes I'm trying to fill and a lot of the filler games are much cheaper than eBay or local too. They ship fast and you get reward points to redeem for free games. You can do a lot worse but just be smart so you don't overpay.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 03:01:17 pm »
I buy from them a couple of times a year.  They are absolutely a fantastic place to get less sought after stuff.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 03:45:16 pm »
They're pretty good! Some prices are high, some prices are low. Just gotta know the price of what you're looking for before buying.

I made a video review last year showing the condition of games I bought and giving my impressions if anyone's interested: https://youtu.be/0Z-_dLq2osE

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 06:47:40 pm »
Like everyone else here has said... they can be a very good resource as long as you know what you should be paying... some items may be overpriced, but others are often below what resellers typically ask.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:29:43 am »
I think their excellent, with great prices and best of all, each game that does not come with the original case. Instead comes inside a plastic jewel case anyway, JJGames used to put most of their game in a paper sleeve but Lukie games actually puts all their video games inside a brand new jewel case, and all the disc based games came without any visible scratches and were vary clean to boot.

I personally thought the DKOldies was too pricey for me, but I got a great brawler N64 controller from them recently and at least it was what I expected, and as advertised, but most of their prices were way over the top at DKOldies

edit I just took a look at DkOldies and it looks like they dropped their prices
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:33:47 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 09:52:21 am »
Overpriced? You should live in The Netherlands for some time i think and see how you are spoiled hahahah. I bought a lot of NES games in the past at Lukie games. And even with import fees and about 50$ shipping games where still a lot cheaper then back here.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 03:01:24 am »
I actually bought my Vectrex from them, good price and I have not had a single problem with it. They shipped it really well and I'm really happy with it.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 01:34:00 pm »
I'll add an update in case anyone is thinking about ordering from them. As I said before, the prices on the items I bought were good. It was delivered in about a week. I ordered 9 games in total, they all were CIB and played fine. Only real complaints I have are very minor, one was a platinum hits game but did not say so on the site, which I don't mind but some may. Also, the bottom of a game case was a little bit chipped, but it's barely noticeable. Overall, I had a good experience and I'm probably going to order from them again if I find a good price.

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 03:45:19 pm »
I just found a listing today on Lukie games? Mario Kart 64 game only for over $155 USD, NOT one doller and 55 cents no slightly over one hundred and fifty five dollars

Is this game worth paying that kind of money? is that normal?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:47:21 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 05:11:10 pm »
I just found a listing today on Lukie games? Mario Kart 64 game only for over $155 USD, NOT one doller and 55 cents no slightly over one hundred and fifty five dollars

Is this game worth paying that kind of money? is that normal?

Nope, that's one of the biggest problems with them. Mario games are almost always overpriced on there. If you want a good deal, you have to look for the less popular games.