Author Topic: This kid on Ebay is hilarious! XD  (Read 3109 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

This kid on Ebay is hilarious! XD
« on: April 28, 2019, 06:05:41 pm »
Today, as I was re-checking my collection I realised that my jewel case of GTA Vice City for PC comes in a "big box" with inserts and all sort of stuff that I don't have. So I'm on Ebay, looking for a big-box release of Vice City to replace my "loose" copy, and then come across one only 500 km away from me (I live in Canada so here that's not that much). I ask the guy if he has all the inserts and stuff and to take a picture of the box if possible. Then I get this reply:

Yep, my mom takes the pictures for me and she used my templete for used and not sealed.

So, the game was sealed 2 minutes ago.

I opened it and everything is there. The jewel case is obviously sealed. It has the tourist guide and the map. Everything including the registration card.

I should not have opened it but I just wanted to be sure for you.

Have a look at the attached picture too.

Attached with this message, is this picture:

Yo, THAT KID OPENED A SEALED VICE CITY BIG BOX, THEN DROPPED THE CONTENTS ON THE FLOOR, AND JUST WENT "well f* it!" AND TOOK A PICTURE OF IT! I was laughing my ass off! I replied saying that I'll take it anyway, and proceeded to pay the item at full price. Obviously he's just a kid who doesn't know what he's doing, so I'm not mad at him, I just think it's really funny XD

That's what happens when people take my advice too literally when I ask for more pictures! Have a nice evening from Canada!  ;D
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

Re: This kid on Ebay is hilarious! XD
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:28:32 am »
Wow, just wow. It's surprising the kind of things that can happen in the world. You took it well.

Reminds me of an unexpected result I had a while back. About a decade ago, plus or minus three years, I bought a copy of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link from someone on eBay. I was hesitant in buying it because it's eBay and because they didn't provide much information on the item. But I was younger, and it was only going for about $5 + shipping. When it arrived in the mail I was stunned that it came in the original box with all the paperwork inside, in pretty decent condition as well. The listing only had a blurry picture of the game cartridge. If the seller would have mentioned the box and manual he could have sold it for $15-$25 at the time. To this day, it's the only NES game I have with the original box and manual.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 07:30:32 pm »
Something similar happened to me with a board game once. I bought it from ebay thinking it was just the base game, but when it showed up it had 3 or 4 expansions with it.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:19:12 pm »
Years ago I bought an indigo GameCube on eBay. All that was in the picture was the system and it was like 20 bucks or something. It showed up with two controllers, all the cables, a memory card, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and a Rocket Power game. It was a good buy and I considered myself incredibly lucky.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:41:00 am »
This reminds me

A similar event with a seller for me happened with an amazon.com, I bought and paid for only 1 The Sims 3 game and when I got it and opened up the box to my surprise I got 4 or 5 other sims expansions extra plus the one I ordered. :)

Make sure you guys give/gave them, him or her a positive rating in feedback guys :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:42:43 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 11:34:22 am »
omg too funny

armani

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 01:11:14 pm »
That's not a big box release (the box would be much wider than the jewel case if that was the case), I actually know a dude who has an American version of Vice City in a big box, he wants $120 for it. They were only sold in Costco and Sam's Club, same with pretty much every other big box release after 2001. I don't blame him for that price because PC GTA big boxes are super rare.

This is what it looks like compared to the regular release:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:16:26 pm by dickkickem »

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 05:28:15 pm »
That's not a big box release (the box would be much wider than the jewel case if that was the case), I actually know a dude who has an American version of Vice City in a big box, he wants $120 for it. They were only sold in Costco and Sam's Club, same with pretty much every other big box release after 2001. I don't blame him for that price because PC GTA big boxes are super rare.

Interesting! So what's different inside the two "big box" releases? Do they have the same jewel case and same maps-manuals-inserts?
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 12:21:12 am »
Actually, I'd feel glad if someone else opened the game for me!
More than once I've bought games in stores or even online and, when I checking them, I see that one happens to be sealed and I lack the courage to open it... Haha
That is the reason why I've never played Layer Section II on the Saturn despite having owned it for a long time now... (I've played RayStorm on the PlayStation though...)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 07:52:53 pm »
Actually, I'd feel glad if someone else opened the game for me!
More than once I've bought games in stores or even online and, when I checking them, I see that one happens to be sealed and I lack the courage to open it... Haha
That is the reason why I've never played Layer Section II on the Saturn despite having owned it for a long time now... (I've played RayStorm on the PlayStation though...)

I am indeed glad that he opened it, well no it just doesn't really matters to me. I collect complete stuff, I am not searching for only sealed versions. I'm totally not mad at this kid, in fact from our conversation he seems like a very nice boy. I just think that the whole situation is quite funny, and that's why I decided to post this. You're right when you say that having something sealed makes you not wanna open it, I have this sealed korean region "not for resale" Forza Horizon and I've never had the courage to open it and see what kind of inserts this version has. It will very probably stay sealed forever since I own two other versions of Forza Horizon (canadian region).

@dickkickem So what's the difference inside those two Vice City versions?

PaleManInBlack

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:57 pm »

This is what it looks like compared to the regular release:

EVEN BIGGER BOX

armani

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 11:59:48 pm »

Interesting! So what's different inside the two "big box" releases? Do they have the same jewel case and same maps-manuals-inserts?
very, very late reply but yes, they pretty much have the same stuff except the box is much bigger!