Author Topic: Suspected rare PS3 games?  (Read 3752 times)

Suspected rare PS3 games?
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:38:21 am »
What are some PS3 titles that you guys suspect will be considered as rare and valuable in the near future? Will it be mostly horror games like Condemned 2, Silent Hill, or the FEAR franchise? Will it be Japanese titles like Folklore and Dragon's Crown? Fighting games? PS exclusives? Or will the constant remastering and redistribution of PS3 titles make the original physical copies essentially worthless? I'm curious to know as most of my collection consists of PS3 games

Re: Suspected rare PS3 games?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:18:52 pm »
Limited/Collector's editions are a given usually. After that I'd say Japanese games with low print runs tend to sometimes get pricey. The Yakuza games have been climbing for instance. I think interest in that franchise is suddenly growing in the west.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 05:00:03 pm »
Maybe JoJo's Bizarre Adventure,Under Defeat HD,Deadly Premonition

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 05:04:43 pm »
It'll be the games that have really niche audiences and/or low production runs. If a game sold like gangbusters back in the heyday, then it's a dime a dozen now.

For example, looking at a generational counterpart, the 360, would you believe that one of the crown jewels of the NTSC collection is a Kart racing game based off of a Mexican cartoon?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 05:29:37 pm »
I've been collecting PS3 pretty heavily for years now and these are the games that were the hardest to track down or I never ever see them

- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
- Afrika
- Syberia Collection (still don't have this and have never seen it in person)
- Class of Heroes 2G
- Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition
- King of Fighters XII
- Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition
- Red Dead Redemption GotY (Black Label)
- Under Defeat HD

I know there are several CE/LE that are very, very rare on the PS3.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:52:05 pm »
Madden NFL, NBA Live/2K, WWE, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Assassin's Creed. Good luck finding any of those.  :P

Jokes aside, bikingjahuty seems to have the bases covered. I'd add Catherine: Love is Blind Edition to that list.

Edit: Love is OVER, not Love is Blind. :p
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:54:15 pm by Flashback2012 »

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 09:10:11 pm »
Well, I don't know about the availability of these games in the West, but at least in Japan, the following three are among the most common/cheapest PlayStation 3 games around...

- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
- Afrika
- King of Fighters XII
Dragon's Crown
(I'm actually astonished to hear that Afrika is considered a rare game... It can be found for litereally a few cents here)

Of the games I either own or have on my radar, I'd guess that Chōjikūyōsai Macross: Ai Oboeteimasuka - Hybrid Pack (Shokai Genteiban 30th Anniversary Box), Ketsui: Kizunajigoku-tachi, Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara Eiyuu Senki [Chronicles of Mystara] and El Chavo Kart [Chaves Kart] are some games prone to become rarer and more expensive as time goes by...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:18:42 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 09:28:05 pm »
NCAA Football 14

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 03:25:12 am »
BlazBlue: Central Fiction

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 04:54:53 am »
Patch servers are either closed or closing for the PlayStation 3. It's vary unfortunate that a lot of PS3 regular releases need patches in order to work properly. Side from that I don't know of any rare PS3 games

I doubt the games will work properly without the patches.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:57:15 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 05:18:49 am »
My money is on the Atelier Series, as previously witnessed with the PS2, Nier, Drakengard 3 (there was no physical release in Europe) and the Trails of Cold Steel series although they will be released on the PS4.

kashell

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 08:34:26 am »
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle and Afrika are the two I immediately thought of.

Maybe something really niche like Trinity Universe and/or Mugen Souls.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 02:32:41 pm »
I still kick myself for passing on a copy of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure I saw a few years ago.

I'll add
Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon
Mortal Kombat (2011) Black label, I've only ever seen the Greatest Hits version.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 02:42:05 pm »
f1 2013

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 07:39:05 pm »
My money is on the Atelier Series, as previously witnessed with the PS2, Nier, Drakengard 3 (there was no physical release in Europe) and the Trails of Cold Steel series although they will be released on the PS4.

The PS3 Atelier games are all pretty common. I feel like NIS saw the demand for these for their PS2 titles and over corrected. The other games aren't that rare either.