Author Topic: What Difficulty Do You Play Your Video Games On Average Without Cheats  (Read 3078 times)

When I was younger I used to beat most games on cheats, most notably Invincibility until I got so used to the game and where all the patterns and enemies were aliened than I started to not use cheats as often now I don't like to use any cheats

Now For me I play without cheats and it's mostly the lowest level or second lowest difficulty , although when fall in love with a game and get bored on an easier level or the game becomes too easy I turn up the difficulty, I've heard gaming stories of retro video game having different endings on different difficulty.

So do you jump right into a harder difficulty or do you take things one step at a time?

I found that cheating spoils part of the fun on some games, but cheats can sometimes give you more freedom in your games

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I always play my games on Normal difficulty when I first play them. If I'm bored to tears I'll often increase the difficulty or if I'm about to rage quit I'll turn it down.

Normal

Depends; usually normal or hard. I tend to look up reviews of the difficulty if I'm unsure where I want to start. Also depends on the game type. I feel a lot of modern JRPGs are too easy. However, older games run harder. I try to make an educated guess and adjust from there.

ferraroso

I have a huge problem concerning this matter...
I always play a game, even when its for the first time, in the highest difficulty available.
There must be some psychological explanation for it as even I can't understand why I feel obliged to do it with every game, but because of that, I tend to take much longer than most people do in order to finish a game... Haha

Easy or normal, depending on game type & how much time I want to devote to the title. It's simply a matter of wanting to experience a game fully before I move on.

If I really fall for the game, I'll do a second run on a harder difficulty.

azure

I tend to play the highest difficulty available from the start in most games. I like the challenge and typically you get something for it/prepares you for the next difficulty you unlock.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

I always play my games on Normal difficulty when I first play them. If I'm bored to tears I'll often increase the difficulty or if I'm about to rage quit I'll turn it down.
this

Easy. I don't like to be stuck in a game and I usually play up to 4-5 games at the same time so I don't have the time to get angry lol. Only exception is sports games.

mark1982

Same as some others here, always start on normal, then if the game is too easy I up the difficulty.

Last game I had to do this was Ni No Kuni 2, normal was just too easy, but once switched to hard, the game became a proper jrpg.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 12:40:10 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

kypherion

I'll do the middle/normal difficulty my first playthrough, and then on my second I'll do one harder. If I'm feeling nuts I'll do what I did on DMC1 and do that game's equivalent of "Dante Must Die!"
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

Normal

telly

I usually play on normal, but if it's a series or game that I know well, I'll up the difficulty. I usually play first person shooters on a harder difficulty though
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

thewelshman

On normal like most folks here. Generally if its a Falcom game I'll always go back through on Nightmare for the the platinum. Also, Insane mode on the Gears of War games.

wolfen

I almost always play on the recommended difficulty because there is no real point in my mind to play a harder difficulty. I know some games do it for trophies or for better items, etc. which is kind of annoying because I don't like to play through games multiple times in a short amount of time. It's just tedious more than anything.

The only exception for me are Zelda games. It might take a fews months to a year but I usually like to play through the hero modes.