Author Topic: Going For Quantity Or Quality In Games  (Read 445 times)

Re: Going For Quantity Or Quality In Games
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 04:48:27 pm »
Quantity... but I'm trying to right that by getting rid of games.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 09:31:18 pm »
For me its both im always looking for a good deal I find lots of games I'll give a shot at a $5.00 price tag mostly wii,ps2,ps1,xbox,xbox 360,ps3 I can find games at that price for these systems all the time.I've bought many games for 5 or less that now cost 20,30,or more if you only go after more expensive games your limiting yourself.Sometimes you can find really good games for cheep that aren't sought after yet. For example I bought Mary Skelter for the vita for 8 dollars a couple month's back now it going for about 70 dollars. Some time games stay cheep and abundant for years then become popular and rise in value. Better to get it for cheep and as long as it's a good game I get my money's worth either way. Now some games im probably never going to find cheep these games I've missed my opportunity to aquire without dropping some coin so you either put up or pass up these I won't aquire as often.

sworddude

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 05:51:32 am »
I'm, pretty sure people also pick cheap games if they are good these days.

Look at ps3 xbox 360 for example almost the whole library is cheap and people love to collect for it above other systems simply because it is cheap.

Personally I don't ignore cheap games plenty of good ones such as tom & jerry war of whiskers jak & daxter, ratchet and clank etc etc

Not to mention personally I picked up titles such as tengai samurai western kingsley's adventure and countless more when they where dirt cheap couple $ simply because the gameplay was excellent. Everyone ignored them never tried them out. It's always a blast when you stumble on gold when you don't expect it.

them cheap hidden gems getting fewer by the day at least for the older systems, I could see ps3 ps4 having allot more hidden gems in the future since those lrg or super rare games tanking in price being available for other people aswell since demand is lower or massive reprints.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:54:42 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

droaa

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 11:24:57 am »
Quantity... but I'm trying to right that by getting rid of games.

Ditto

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 02:47:20 pm »
Mine switches depending on where I am with the collection. Last year I was closing in on 5000 games so I was buying for quantity as I wanted to hit 5000 by Xmas. Once I hit that # I immediately flipped back to quality and have been focusing on NES/SNES boxes, TG16 games(CIC) and a few major items I feel I should have already owned(Sonic Adventure 2 on DC, Contra III SNES and Final Fantasy on NES being some of my first post 5000 purchases). I'm probably going to continue to focus on boxes for loose games and adding more non-sports NES/SNES and Sega items until I get close to 7500, then I'm sure it'll be a quick transition into grabbing everything I don't own already mode.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 05:36:29 pm »
A little of both for me. I still mainly shop at brick and mortar stores. It’s rare for me to keep track of new release dates these days, or even look at game reviews.
I’ve been purchasing stuff old school lately. I look at the back of the package and decide if it’s good LOL.
Some say collecting is glorified hoarding. If you enjoy collecting and you’re not sacrificing living a normal lifestyle, go for it.

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 09:40:17 am »
It took me some time but I had gotten myself to stop buying games for systems that I do not care about and would never play. I still have some of those in my collection, but basically I ended up having to slim down what I end up going for. This doesn't work out as well as you'd expect, since I still will buy PC games, or just software in general. A sucker for anything with a Microsoft logo on it.

But I do not extend that to Xbox or Xbox 360. When I had started to collect games, I would just get everything. Since I don't allot any space beyond 1 room, my collection can only be limited by that one room. The exception is Transformers related games, which are kept in a different room, and I would get games from that series even for consoles I do not own or would never play.

Warmsignal

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 10:03:57 am »
Have to say it was always a little of both for me. I always focused on quality, but I wanted there to be lots of it because of the collector in me. So I would research the heck out of different console libraries and find every title that seemed worthwhile to have. In retrospect, I over did it.