Author Topic: Submit New Item button missing  (Read 1974 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

Submit New Item button missing
« on: May 11, 2019, 07:47:14 pm »
I just logged on to continue uploading the games that I own which are not in the database and I've noticed a new "Currently Playing" tab which I guess is an okay idea but the button under my profile logo to submit new items is gone. What is going on? How can I submit new items now?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:43:06 am by tripredacus »
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

ferraroso

Re: I can't add anything to the database
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 09:24:31 pm »
Try logging in to the site again.
When you're disconnected, you can still see your collection, but cannot add anything to it.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 02:05:05 am »
I have this problem. too. The only time the submit new item button appears is when I click on the Currently Playing tab. Only then can I add a new item. Logging in and out has nothing to do with it. I use Safari as my browser.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

empovyle

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 05:27:02 am »
I have this problem. too. The only time the submit new item button appears is when I click on the Currently Playing tab. Only then can I add a new item. Logging in and out has nothing to do with it. I use Safari as my browser.
Same problem here. Only shows up under Currently Playing tab. I'm on Firefox 66.0.5

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:36:47 am »
I'm already starting to dislike this new "currently playing" tab. If it messes up the whole website, just remove it. Thanks all for your help though.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:28:07 am »
Now I understand what you guys meant. It disappeared from my homepage as well.
However, you can do the following:
Type in any game on the search tab (the magnifying glass mark). Once the list of games related to your search shows up, you shaw be able to see the "Submit New Item" button under your profile picture.
It may not the best solution, but it seems to be working just fine for me.

mark1982

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 03:10:38 am »
I noticed this as well. In the other thread they mentioned they are looking into the sidebar filtering, so I believe some updates are currently being made on the backend regarding this issue.
  l    l 

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 09:42:48 am »
Add new item has disappeared for me on the Feed, Collection and Browse type pages.
It now only appears on Currently Playing and Search results pages.

Re: Submit New Item button missing
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 10:49:29 am »
Same.  Google Chrome 74.0.3729.131

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 01:28:35 pm »
Even if the button is off, you can still add your new game to your collection with the Browser.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 01:26:35 am »
I'm also experiencing this issue, even when I'm logged in the button only appears sometimes. I find I have to go to https://vgcollect.com/submit manually to submit anything sometimes

jason

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 12:46:40 am »
I've placed the Submit New Item link into the top navigation bar for now.