Author Topic: Database Spring Cleaning  (Read 3743 times)

SilverBow

PRO Supporter

Database Spring Cleaning
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:46:28 pm »
I just finished updating data for the Game Boy Advance [NA] section. It is now more complete and accurate than either the GameFAQs or MobyGames sites. In my spare time, it took 7,000+ edits over 100 days. If I’d known it would have taken that long, I never would have attempted it. For now, my focus will return to the data for the games in my collection. It sure would be nice if others would “adopt” a section and update it’s data or, at the least, for the games in their collection. I know a few others have already done so, and I greatly appreciate their efforts. If so inclined, always follow the Style Guide, and for those not familiar with it, please read it.
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Flashback2012

Re: Database Spring Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:22:56 pm »
Hey I've been trying to do my part but I'm still a solid 13K edits behind you.  :P

I've been getting hit with some rejected edits on alt-names but haven't cared enough to inquire why.

I know there's a couple of people who've taken over the Amiibo and Switch releases.

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:33 am »
Those are a ton of edits I take my hat of to you guys with my modest amount of 151 edits  :o
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:17:26 am »
I am currently working on the Mega Drive [JP] category. I have a thread where I put updates for myself into:
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6782.0.html

telly

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:54:58 am »
I did the entire GameCube console last summer, and it took me two years to finish. I was thinking of picking up another console or game category over the summer but I have a lot more pressing priorities right now such as finishing my dissertation  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:01:08 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 11:17:54 am »
I might try when I'm finished moving next month. Now that I feel bad about my paltry 22 edits lol. I'm no console master so I'd have to work through my collection.