Author Topic: Little help about searching games in my collection  (Read 7048 times)

Little help about searching games in my collection
« on: June 08, 2019, 04:32:14 am »
Hi, amazing work really! Thanks!

I have a big collection and i am transferring it all, but i have encountered the following difficulty:

I can't find a way to "search" in my database for a particular title and all i can do is to "browse" in my collection alphabetically. Considering that there might be 1000+ games in there, its not the most convenient way, so I was just wondering if there is a way to search by inputing a game's title etc.

I am new here so i very possibly have missed this option. Can someone help me?

Thanks again for your time and efforts!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: Little help about searching games in my collection
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:07:32 pm »
In the right corner you have the search glass, click that.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:43:02 pm »

That's used to search the entire database...he's asking if there is an easier way to search through your owned games. I'd also like to see this feature.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 02:06:30 pm »
True...
Maybe something like “search by starting letter A-Z” or keyword (search within my collection only)...?

(Thanks for the quick replies guys)

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 02:08:48 pm »
I think a search like this will increase its usability 100%!
So I hope it’s already somewhere, but I’ve missed it...

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 03:30:30 pm »
This might not help, but off to the side, there's a list of your consoles under your avatar photo. If you click on a system, you can see a list of what games you've added for just that system. It's still just an alphabetical list, but at least it's shorter?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 05:50:23 am »

That's used to search the entire database...he's asking if there is an easier way to search through your owned games. I'd also like to see this feature.

Well, if you use that, you can also see if you own that game, it would say: In Collection under the game name.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 05:52:59 am by fazerco »

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:47 pm »

Well, if you use that, you can also see if you own that game, it would say: In Collection under the game name.

Aaaand again, he's asking if there is an easier way to search your collection.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 11:20:16 pm »
This might not help, but off to the side, there's a list of your consoles under your avatar photo. If you click on a system, you can see a list of what games you've added for just that system. It's still just an alphabetical list, but at least it's shorter?

Yeah, I use that, and it def helps.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 09:53:53 am »

Aaaand again there isnt. But this is asked for for about 5 or 6 years now, so what do i know....

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 01:32:10 pm »

Aaaand again there isnt. But this is asked for for about 5 or 6 years now, so what do i know....

Haven't been here 5-6 years, so I'm sorry I don't know every message board post. I'm glad you are SOOOO helpful. Maybe if people have been asking so long, it might be a useful feature.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 01:54:34 pm »

Haven't been here 5-6 years, so I'm sorry I don't know every message board post. I'm glad you are SOOOO helpful. Maybe if people have been asking so long, it might be a useful feature.

So i dont need to help any noobs again i guess. Forum is dead anyway.

ferraroso

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 06:06:09 pm »

So i dont need to help any noobs again i guess. Forum is dead anyway.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 09:08:06 am »

Well, imagine if you are searching for something like call of duty or need for speed and with various US EU JN versions... not that helpful unfortunately...

telly

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 11:40:12 am »
I will say that this has been asked for about 4-5 times already just through a thread search I just did so I think this is a much wanted feature.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery