Author Topic: Enter the Gungeon Arcade Cabinet  (Read 3182 times)

Enter the Gungeon Arcade Cabinet
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:12:02 pm »

https://www.griffinaerotech.com/house-of-the-gundead/

Has anyone seen this? Or interested? Seems like a cool idea but not sure there are any places near me that would have this playable lol

aliensstudios

Re: Enter the Gungeon Arcade Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:31:03 pm »
God I wish light gun games would make a resurgence. I still need to get a crt so I can play House of the Dead for the Saturn again
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:37:21 pm »
In my area the mobile app LetGo works well for finding those since most thrift stores stopped accepting those years ago. CRTs I mean.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:44:39 pm »
Game looks like fun. Hope to see one of these around my area when it comes out. 5k too steep for me me to pre-order

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:56:49 pm »
I might have played on a arcade cabinet like this years ago with my dad at the old arcade barn.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 10:06:09 pm »
In my area the mobile app LetGo works well for finding those since most thrift stores stopped accepting those years ago. CRTs I mean.
It's more a matter of space at the moment for me.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 02:23:50 pm »
God I wish light gun games would make a resurgence. I still need to get a crt so I can play House of the Dead for the Saturn again

First off, me too! I adore lightgun games and some of my favorite arcade games growing up were of that genre.

Second, House of the Dead on Saturn is a super compromised version of the arcade game. There are random loading screens in the middle of gameplay, and I'm not even talking about the end of the stage. Also the graphics look way worse than the arcade, which I could deal with if the gameplay wasn't so bad in the Saturn port. I actually have a barcade near me that has the arcade version and it's crazy how much better it is. I actually might like the first House of the Dead more than 2 and certainly any of the other sequels it got.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 07:49:22 pm »

First off, me too! I adore lightgun games and some of my favorite arcade games growing up were of that genre.

Second, House of the Dead on Saturn is a super compromised version of the arcade game. There are random loading screens in the middle of gameplay, and I'm not even talking about the end of the stage. Also the graphics look way worse than the arcade, which I could deal with if the gameplay wasn't so bad in the Saturn port. I actually have a barcade near me that has the arcade version and it's crazy how much better it is. I actually might like the first House of the Dead more than 2 and certainly any of the other sequels it got.

I've got it on the arcade version on PlayStation 3 but it's just not as good with the move controllers, the Saturn version is my preference. I know it's "compromised" but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I've always had a ton of fun playing it with my brother.

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 01:25:18 am »

I've got it on the arcade version on PlayStation 3 but it's just not as good with the move controllers, the Saturn version is my preference. I know it's "compromised" but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out. I've always had a ton of fun playing it with my brother.

Wait, the original House of the Dead is on the PS3?! I went on PSN and see 3, 4, and Overkill, but not the first. Please tell me it's a bonus in on of these other games! I'd love to play a port closer to the arcade version!

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 01:32:17 am »

Wait, the original House of the Dead is on the PS3?! I went on PSN and see 3, 4, and Overkill, but not the first. Please tell me it's a bonus in on of these other games! I'd love to play a port closer to the arcade version!
I had it wrong, it was HotD III I was thinking of. Even more reason to own the Saturn port then.

telly

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 01:42:34 pm »
I love the first House of the Dead. One of my faves. Second putting out more light gun games, enjoyed the crap out of Time Crisis 3
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »
I love the first House of the Dead. One of my faves. Second putting out more light gun games, enjoyed the crap out of Time Crisis 3
You ever played CarnEvil by chance?

In retrospect it might look like a HotD ripoff but I was really saddened when my Dave & busters got rid of the machine and I had so much fun with it.

telly

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 06:10:18 pm »
You ever played CarnEvil by chance?

In retrospect it might look like a HotD ripoff but I was really saddened when my Dave & busters got rid of the machine and I had so much fun with it.

No never even heard of it! I'll admit I've never even been to a Dave and Busters so that may be why I've never seen it
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery