Author Topic: Our Wanted Video Game Replacements Thread Or Disscussion  (Read 1869 times)

Our Wanted Video Game Replacements Thread Or Disscussion
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:58:41 am »
This sounds like a good idea sorta to me, I just replaced 2 games in my collection recently and I don't mind people knowing what I am replaceing today in my collection.

Since there is a "recently purchased" and a "now playing thread" and a "wish list thread" i was woundering if a current video game replacement thread is a good idea? or not? Is there one?

here is a small liat of the games I replaced recently
1: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for PS2
2: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for PS3

I currently don't have any more video game I'm looking to buy replacements for those 2 were the only 2 and I already have them comming hopefully

This thread can be used as a tool or a list for us to remember, or, to disscuss just the video games that we need to replace currently

Or maybe a way for some of us to sell or trade. or a PM starter if someone might have a replacement you could help out some of us out. Or maybe help find some of your fellow members a good deal on a game.

this is not meant to be a market thread but more of a members disscussion

here is a link to the market place guidelines In case someone is going to trade
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5314.0.html

here is the primary link for all Etsy replacement NES reproduction boxes and even games BUT the games are NOT original copies

etsy's website

HERE IS THE ONE OF THE BEST LINKS FOR NES REPRODUCTION BOXES AND UN ORIGINAL GAMES

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=nes+games+boxes

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:42:41 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Our Wanted Video Game Replacements Thread Or Disscussion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:24:27 am »
I find the games I would want to 'replace', are just slightly incomplete copies of otherwise fine games- so if I could get the bits I'm missing I'd be good.

For example- I want the map for Vay on Sega CD & the map/coin for Oblivion CE on Xbox 360. It's an odd thing, becuase finding them alone is rare & pricey, but so is buying a second complete copy- so I'm torn on how to go about getting these things!

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:16:09 pm »
I have maybe a dozen or so games that are too rough for my liking, but I'm not motivated enough to replace them.

When in a situation where a replacement can be expensive, I'd prefer to just sell mine first. Whenever it sells, then I would buy a better copy. Usually though, like I said I'm just too lazy to put in the effort of doing anything about the ones I'd like to replace.

I'm missing quite a few manuals too, but IDK if I'll ever go on manual buying spree or not.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 07:58:47 am »
I want to replace the cover art in my copy of Evolution for the DreamCast. The spine is missing, so you can't see the title.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:54:28 pm »
I need a replacement for Little Ninja Bothers and Chubby Cherub for the NES. Both have less than perfect labels. I need an upgrade. 

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 05:15:39 pm »
I need a replacement for Little Ninja Bothers and Chubby Cherub for the NES. Both have less than perfect labels. I need an upgrade.

A LINK TO NES REPRODUCTION BOXES AND A FEW COMPLETE IN BOX GAMES

I don't have a cheap priced link to the game of Chubby Cherub. but I did find a cheap replacement box no game if you or anybody is interested it's less than $8 USD as of this post date

it's from etsy

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=chuby%20cherub%20nes

here is the primary link for all Etsy replacement NES reproduction boxes and even games BUT the games are NOT original copies

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=nes+games+boxes

link added to first post, please don't get mad I thought I should add it to the top as well today

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:44:49 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 11:26:20 am »
I don't really actively seek out to replace any games that I have - they would have to be in super rough condition.  But, due to how I do a lot of my purchasing - in bulk - it is often that I end up with a copy of a game that is in better condition than what I already have, and in those cases I will replace the game in my collection with the better quality copy that was in my bulk purchase.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:56:49 pm »
Likewise, I'm not actively looking to replace any of my games (unless I have one in horrendous condition, which isn't the case); however, I did this a few years ago when I decided to replace all my “Greatest Hits” copies for their original black label counterparts for the PS2. I still have some left, but those are required since some red-labeled copies are essentially better than the originals. My PS1 and PS3 has some "Greatest Hits" copies sprinkled throughout, but I have no plans on replacing any. For the PS3, though, I replaced all the red cases with clear ones...with the exception of Red Dead Redemption GOTYE. Red very much suits it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!