Author Topic: Your favorite swag  (Read 2736 times)

Your favorite swag
« on: June 28, 2019, 11:04:04 pm »
So, we often talk about our game collections- what are our favorite games? Which ones cost the most? How do we store them?

As one goes about collecting games, one inevitably ends up with tangential items that are not at all games. The knick-knacks, the tchotchkes, the tat- whether it comes from a collector's edition or we bought it purposefully, we end up with it. So- what's your favorite stuff?

My favorite by far is Lucia's pendant from the PS1 release of Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete. It's nothing fancy- just a round piece of gold-colored metal with a black enamel crescent. But I ADORE it- it's such a wonderfully basic, boho kind of design- the sort of thing that looks like a simple fashion choice unless a person is familiar with the game. I actually bought a second one so I could keep the one in my set nice, and I wear that thing almost everytime I go out. It's been recognized by someone 3 times that I can recall: twice at Seattle Retro Game Con, and once at a Puddles Pity Party concert.

Re: Your favorite swag
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 11:20:44 pm »
When Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out, the store where I worked got a really nice displayer for it. Instead of going into the compactor, I took that guy home. Since then, I use it to hold all the games that I'm actively playing.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 11:24:33 pm »
I have an Ocarina of Time pocket watch, comes in like a little leatherish carry case with the tri-force in it, was a gift from my parents as a kid.  That along with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask boxed are basically the only things I have from my earlier gaming years.

More in general, I'm big on game shirts.  Always fun when people recognize Banjo-Kazooie or my 8 Bit Godzilla shirt etc...Also big on figures and such, though I can't afford too many pricey ones, so basically I keep more in the sub-30 dollar range.

Oh and a couple years ago I picked up a Brutal Legend cardboard display.  It's pretty great, but stays in my closet since I don't have room for it much right now lol

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 12:28:21 am »
For me since I don't actually have room for a display I current own no special gaming item. But if it matters any

I love reading and having the manuals of 6th console Generation Call Of Duty games. :)
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 09:56:52 am »
First off wow you saw a puddles pitty party concert that's must have been cool.So anyway my favorite swag is a small mega man digital clock. It's got too legs and a round body the clock face is the body and can be hung by it's feet upside down or sideways. The face spins depending on witch.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 10:41:13 am »
Probably my Pikachu Christmas ornament from 1999

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 11:01:04 am »
Here are several I'm in love with:

- I have a complete set of Gamepro Magazines from 1995 to 2003, which is essentially my favorite era of gaming.
- I have the complete set of the Official Dreamcast Magazine, including issue 0 which was a rare pre-release edition
- I almost have a complete set of Nintendo Powers covering the N64 era, again my favorite era of Nintendo and gaming
- My various video game statues, of which there are many. My favorite is probably a F4F Breath of the Wild Link statue I own
- I have various retail promo standees, my two favorites being a PS2 Marvel vs Capcom 2 standee and a Majoras Mask 3D one
- I have a bunch of custom posters done by various artists for various games and game characters
- This sort of blurs the line between games and swag, but I almost have every Namco Guncon big box except Point Blank 3

telly

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2019, 01:30:26 pm »
I don't have a lot of swag, but I do have several Pokemon plushes that I'm very fond of :) One's a Ditto I bought at GameStop, but there other two (Jirachi and Porygon) came as gifts from friends so they have a lot of sentimental value. My Porygon plush came all the way from Pokemon Center Japan!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 12:48:47 am »
Even though I'm not a fan of Pokémon (or of Nintendo as a whole), I find my Pikachu VCR to be maybe the most interessting swag (actually I believe it is more of an oddity than a swag, but anyway...) I own.

I especially like its remote controller which consists of a Pikachu doll with each of its limbs making the VCR perform a different action when pressed: For example, you press its belly to turn the thing on/off and its left paw to start the reproduction of the VHS tape.

As a VCR it is pretty crappy, but as a video game-related novelty I find it to be pretty neat.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:53:00 am by ferraroso »

Flashback2012

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 09:36:49 am »
In the basement I have a few tubs full of swag from when I worked at GameStop. I was there for almost 10 years and accumulated a TON of extra pre-order items and what not. I worked there in the heyday of when they had pre-order items for just about everything. I have more lanyards, stylus, figurines, books, and trinkets than you can shake a stick at.  :P

Most of that stuff I picked up to save it from going in the trash. A few things that I consider favorites are items I've picked up at conventions such as this plush Bomberman who's holding a plush bomb. It has a pull-string attached that, when pulled, makes the bomb rattle. Another plush I have is the submarine from Kaitei Daisensou/In the Hunt. On one side it has a suction cup so it can stick to glass.

On my desk sits a couple of Funko Pocket Heroes (not sure the exact name of the line). One is of Chun-Li and the other is of Batgirl. The Chun-Li I found in a GameStop where they had opened her up and put her on display at the register. I asked if she was for sale and when they said yes, I snatched her right up  ;D. On the hutch of my entertainment center sits a R.O.B. I bought to display. I custom ordered an acrylic display case for it and there's extra room for a few things like a Temjin from Virtua On action figure and a small R-Type ship that was a pre-order bonus for the PSP game R-Type Command.  :)

One thing I'd like to acquire at some point is this thing called a 'Floating Snowball' from the game OverWatch. I saw it on display at GameStop and wanted to pick it up but they want $150 for it.  :P

mark1982

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 12:04:40 pm »
That Pokemon VCR is really interesting, never seen something like that before.

I have quite a bit of gaming swag but my most recent fav piece is this Yakuza 5 cufflinks (Hong Kong release). The quality is really good and I've used them already on a few occasions, has a lot of weight to them. I also have the Yakuza 3 Metal business card holder, only missing the silk handkerchief. Gotta keep a lookout for it ;D

l    l 

shfan

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 07:04:09 pm »
BioShock blew me away and the sequel's announcement got me majorly stoked - so when my local supermarket had a card standee featuring a little sister on a big daddy's shoulder I had to have it, the manager let me have it and I gave a donation to charity in thanks. Unfortunately it's been in my parents' garage roof ever since because I've had nowhere for it - I'm hoping to be able to finally display it somewhere in the house now, 10 years later nearly.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 08:10:01 am »
Probably all of my Tales of figures. The characters come from my favorite games and look great. I also have a really nice statue of Estelle from Tales of Vesperia.

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 10:17:55 am »
I have a large PlayStation 3 sign that I bought from a closing game store. Probably that.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 11:56:40 am »
The favorites in my collection are the vacuum sealed t-shirts in various shapes that you got with pre-orders (Blitz football, Gran Turismo car etc.).
I also like my PlayStation neon and PlayStation 2 box light retail signs.