Author Topic: Your Opinions Of Puzzle Games  (Read 2430 times)

Your Opinions Of Puzzle Games
« on: July 03, 2019, 04:32:44 am »
Another family member of mine is really into puzzle games, and games like Candy Crush and she used to also play this game called Fruit Farm. Personally I don't play them because I don't understand them usually, I know how to play Tetris but that is about the only puzzle game I think I know how to play

As for my opinion I am not into them, they don't catch my interest currently but a lot of people like them. this family member of mine don't play other styles of video games, or as far as I know
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

Re: Your Opinions Of Puzzle Games
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 07:58:18 am »
For the most part, I never got into them. Some I'll make an exception for like Kirby Star Stacker or Lumines.

telly

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 11:00:32 am »
My favorite puzzle game is Puzzle Quest. It's a simple match 3 game but with addicting gameplay and a charming story. Definitely a hidden gem of the PS2 generation
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 01:12:26 pm »
I’ve been playing a lot of Gems of War the last few years. It’s a match three type of game mixed with a character deck, each having their own abilities.
The game is free to download on pretty much any device. The micro transactions are obviously there as well, to advance your characters faster or unlock better ones. They aren’t required to enjoy the game though. I personally haven’t spent a dime on it.

Here’s some others I’ve enjoyed over the years:
Tetris
Puzznic
Dr. Mario
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

ferraroso

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 06:35:15 pm »
I really enjoy playing Tetris, Magical Drop and Super Puzzle Fighter II X once in a while.
Apart from that, my wife loves challenging me for some Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack in the West) and Dr. Mario.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 07:10:12 pm »
Outside of tetris, never got into them. tried candy crush, but i got board quickly. but I know people that are really into it.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 07:21:01 pm »
Good question.  I've always enjoyed Tetris, Mean Bean Machine and my personal fav Dr. Mario.  Currently, puzzle games and modern touch screen smart devices are a match made in heaven so its logical that they are more popular than ever.  I remember decades ago there was always a mandatory puzzle launch title that executives would point too and say, " there's our game for the adult audience." 

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:05:52 pm »
I really like puzzle games in general, but I certainly don't like them all.

stealthrush

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 09:29:23 pm »
I'm very much into them, personal top-5 favorite video game genres. From Logical, Tile-matching, Competitive, Sokoban, Card based, Sudoku, Block-breaking.
Ironically Tetris took me years to appreciate. As for Modern touch screen 'smart devices' I can't comment on since I haven't played any.

Recently I've been playing Bomberman: Panic Bomber on PC Engine the most.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 08:40:12 am »
My favorite puzzle game is Puzzle Quest. It's a simple match 3 game but with addicting gameplay and a charming story. Definitely a hidden gem of the PS2 generation

The PQ games are perfect DS titles.  I spent a lot of time just laying in bed matching those damned gems.

telly

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:00 am »

The PQ games are perfect DS titles.  I spent a lot of time just laying in bed matching those damned gems.

Oo I should check that out! I bet it would play much better on DS than the PS2. I think they made some sequels as well iirc
Currently Playing:

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 09:25:12 am »

Oo I should check that out! I bet it would play much better on DS than the PS2. I think they made some sequels as well iirc

The one I have is PQ2, but I'm pretty sure they ported the first one as well.

indenton

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:38 am »
I played The Next Tetris on PlayStation 1 with a mate last saturday, just 1 minute in, we both agreed that The Next Tetris is in fact not Puyo Puyo Tetris! I've always liked Tetris, and I've appreciated Puyo Puyo in the past. Then I got hold of Puyo Puyo Tetris, I adore that game! I always bring out Puyo Puyo Tetris when I have my mates over for the evening.  Just having to block-drop puzzle games infused into one opens up so many different options of how you want to play

Bust-a-Move 2 has also also been the highlight of a few nights in the past. 

telly

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 11:49:40 am »
Bust a Move is fun too :) I have fond memories of that in the arcade. That iconic music...
Currently Playing:

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 02:14:53 pm »
Love me some Tetris DS and still play it from time to time. I've found that I enjoy Puyo Puyo a lot too, and Bust a Move to a lesser extent. Tumblestone is also very fun.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."