Author Topic: About Red Ninja Turtles 500 in 1 NES multicart Made Only For Fake NES Consoles  (Read 3527 times)

Ok so I'll be honest, I own a multi cart that has all the levels unlocked and has over 450 games on it. I do like the games on that cartridge but because I have a vast majority on that cartridge, I am hesitant to buy any actual copies. Yea I know it's fake and a lot of games are probably home brews, but it is not like Action 52 was at least as far as I can tell

I don't really know how anyone is going to respond to this but I just wanted to recommend this game even if not all the games were official releases for the NES

I have this version I've stated this before. this ROM cartridge says right on it not to use it on a real NES console. this cartridge has about 450 individual games on it. a lot of the games are is homebrew, this cartridge  has 8 contra games and even lets you pick which level you want to start on.

The reason for this thread is to encourage getting this cartridge I talked to the seller on etsy and he or she said that this cartridge is tested and proved to work, I confirm (this version) it works as well but, it says not to use with a real NES console

Even if you don't like to pay for ROMs this game has a lot of games that are homebrew but still fun like an 8 bit mortal kombat game

I recommend this version above all the rest "ninja turtles 500 in 1 NES multicart"

only try getting this version because another version of this multicart is said not to work at all.

this version is hard to find but is going on eBay for about $15 or higher etsy does not have this in stock anymore, for some reason
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 04:16:05 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I've always wondered about these repro carts that only work in clone systems- I mean, if the clone is mimicking the original, how can the cart only work in the clone? What's it doing differently than authentic hardware that these carts are taking advantage of?

I've always wondered about these repro carts that only work in clone systems- I mean, if the clone is mimicking the original, how can the cart only work in the clone? What's it doing differently than authentic hardware that these carts are taking advantage of?

I don't understand either :-\

Actually it does work with my original NES console, then I read the fine print on the cover sticker and it tells you that should not use this cartridge with an original NES or

Mattel version NES. I assume the Mattel is a Pal version I am guessing?  :-\
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:47:16 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

I assume the Mattel is a Pal version I am guessing?  :-\

Yes- the European launch of the NES was handled by Mattel, and they botched it. They botched it so horribly Nintendo cancelled the deal & took distribution back. Mattel had done something-or-other to their consoles (don't know what) that Nintendo did not do to their PAL units, so there's actually 2 versions of PAL NES that aren't compatible with each other! This is why British children of the 80s are more likely to be familiar with old microcomputers than the NES.

I should look more into that one day, perhaps it will shed some light on the non-original-compatible clone carts.