Author Topic: Super Nintendo/Super Famicom Games Discussion and Favorites  (Read 5335 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Super Nintendo/Super Famicom Games Discussion and Favorites
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 08:40:56 pm »
Dang. Favorite games from one of the best consoles ever? That’s a toughie.

Super Mario World
Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Chrono Trigger (My favorite RPG ever)
Final Fantasy 3 (or 6 if you want to be a jerk)
Mega Man X
Contra 3
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Pretty much anything on the SNES Classic and more!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2019, 08:42:24 pm »
Well, if we’re talking Sonic... none of those games are particularly good.  Flashy, well coded, great production design, but overall not very fun plaformers.  All flash and no substance, IMO.

PREACH!!!!  Sonic the Hedgehog is trash. It’s just not fun or a good game. The whole game is about going fast, but if you go fast you die.

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2019, 08:58:00 pm »
And don’t get me wrong, I like Sonic and Kirby as characters but their games just aren’t quite as good as their reputation would have you believe.

telly

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2019, 10:15:10 pm »
I still need to finish Kirby Superstar but I found it a little too hectic to be all that enjoyable.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2019, 04:00:47 am »

Honorable mentions

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Most people's must have pick,  I think it's too hard)

Uh, I don't think this game belongs in the Super Nintendo conversation. Great game though.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't know why the hell I put Tropical Freeze in lol.  I guess force of habit from typing it all the time.   It is awesome though.  But again too hard lol. 

Sometimes the deadpool mask cuts off circulation.  And the waves crashing against the rocks are too loud the seagull says.  But i'm in my own home and he doesn't pay my rent.  So he can go beg someone else for gingerbread cookies.

pzeke

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2019, 08:25:58 pm »
While I owned an SNES very early, regrettably I never experimented beyond games I would recognize from somewhere, like from a commercial or a game being an arcade port or I somehow found familiar, like a superhero game or it being a game based on a TV show for example. Even though I owned at the very least around 20+ games, I mostly rented them, so it wasn’t until years later that I would experience the greatness of the console at its fullest through emulation.

In no particular order, these are some of the games I played and remember quite fondly:

Mega Man X trilogy
Mega Man 7
StarFox
Stunt Race FX
Super Metroid
Final Fight trilogy
Super Mario World
Street Fighter II
Killer Instinct
Aero Fighters
Axelay
Disney's Aladdin
Sonic Blast Man
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Magic Sword
The King of the Dragons
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
Ninja Warriors
Batman Returns
The Death and Return of Superman
Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage
SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
True Lies
Dennis the Menace
Robocop versus The Terminator
Super Widget
Captain America and the Avengers
Super Adventure Island
Alien vs. Predator
Jurassic Park
Mario Paint
Clayfighter
Claymates
Bubsy

I remember renting and playing Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger, but at that time I hadn't a clue what an RPG was and I genuinely had no idea how to go about in each game, so all I remember is liking them, especially Super Mario RPG, but kind of/sort of feeling unsure and confused. It wasn't until years later that I would fully enjoy both games.

Well, if we’re talking Sonic... none of those games are particularly good.  Flashy, well coded, great production design, but overall not very fun plaformers.  All flash and no substance, IMO.

PREACH!!!!  Sonic the Hedgehog is trash. It’s just not fun or a good game. The whole game is about going fast, but if you go fast you die.

Again, Sonic fans be like...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 01:38:02 am »
My parents used to take us to Big Bear (a mountain town in California) when I was a kid. It was cold and snowy outside, and the living room had a central heater that blasted warm air near where the TV was. At that time, there was NOTHING better than waking up early around 6am, a couple hours before anyone else in the house, sitting in that warm heater spot, and playing Final Fantasy III (FF6) on the SNES. It was the absolute best.

There are a TON of awesome games on that system.