Author Topic: Do You Buy Or Keep Cartridge Games With Torn Stickers But Still Play Fine?  (Read 6501 times)

I'll usually skip them in favor of waiting to find another one in better condition, unless it's a really good price for a game I'm desperate to play.

Welcome to the forum raggerreadfish sorry I just noticed you made your 1st post, We all should welcome newcomers in my opinion I've just realized we have a lot of newcomer to the community discussions  lately. :)
(PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY)
Life on earth is only temporary and If you believe in God and do good in life. You can continue to live with any possessions  you desire, in the afterlife, as long as you do good and don't do evil in real life.

I personally don't mind a torn label or a cartridge with some discoloration. However, it doesn't make it worth as much to a collector.

Warmsignal

Nowadays, no. Not wasting the money or effort if it's not going to stay in my collection.

tpugmire

Depends. I have a couple that bother me, like Dracula X for SNES with a torn label.  On the other hand, I have plenty of 2600 cartridges with crap labels, but I don’t mind them. It adds character.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

A lot of games were owned by children, so they can get a bit ruffed up before it's all said and done.

For me, at this point in my life I'm more of a collector than a gamer. So I would need all my game labels to be perfectly intact!

I do have several games in my collection with torn labels and/or dirty carts, a few with names written on the plastic (or even worse, the sticker itself). Even have two with a name actually carved into the plastic. I'll take them until I can trade them out for cleaner copies.

thewelshman

Re: Do You Buy Or Keep Cartridge Games With Torn Stickers But Still Play Fine?
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 12:13:39 am »
All depends on the game for me. If its a used sports title that I know I'll have a different one the following year I don't care as much. I'm also pretty picky when it comes to second hand stores, especially GameStop. I'll ask for a better case or I'll swap it with a nicer once from a game I don't care as much about.