Author Topic: Television Not Working I thought playing consoles was the cause (edited)  (Read 4356 times)

I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm asking because ever since my family member had his Wii connected to his vary large screen CRT TV the screens backside light bulb blew out already twice, and my family member just replaced one and vary soon after the next one blew out also.

The light bulb I am talking about is actually (from what I heard) enables the TV screen to show it's picture in all CRT televisions,

I also heard or read somewhere that certain televisions (even within the same region) are not made to be used for console gaming. But I need a second opinion on this. Does playing consoles on some TV sets cause them to break, sooner? :-\
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:45:10 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

Re: Does Playing Consoles On Some TV Sets Cause Them To Break Sooner?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:54:44 pm »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Re: Television Not Working I thought playing consoles was the cause
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:44:41 pm »
I don't know the answer to the question, but I'm asking because ever since my family member had his Wii connected to his vary large screen CRT TV the screens backside light bulb blew out already twice, and my family member just replaced one and vary soon after the next one blew out also.

The light bulb I am talking about is actually (from what I heard) enables the TV screen to show it's picture in all CRT televisions,

I also heard or read somewhere that certain televisions (even within the same region) are not made to be used for console gaming. But I need a second opinion on this. Does playing consoles on some TV sets cause them to break, sooner? :-\
never mind, this is likely the cause, the screen will not turn on but the power light is turns on. I've tried everything I know to get a picture, non of the inputs have a picture, I am not sure if the sound works though

google
Fixable Causes. When the screen of your Samsung TV is blank and unresponsive, check the connections between the TV and the power source, the cable box, the DVD player and other auxiliary devices. ... If it powers on but the screen is still blank, press the Menu button on your remote.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:47:15 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

Are you sure it is a CRT and not a projection TV?

rayne315

Most definitely a projection tv. CRT's do not have a "bulb" per say because they are "Cathode Ray Tubes". it is not something that can be taken out and replaced like a light bulb where as in a projection tv it can. in the original post it mentioned that it has blown out twice. if it were a CRT then the only way to replace it would have been scrapping the entirety of the internals of the tv and replacing it.

my in-laws had a projection tv up to 2 years ago when the bulb blew on it and they could no longer get any replacement bulbs. it would turn on but would have no display because there was no back light. to me this sounds to be exactly the same issue. check the model number online and see if you cant find a replacement bulb for it. (word of warning though they typically cost around $80)

as for the original question no. playing video games on a tv will not cause them to fail. it is exactly the same thing as running your tv services through it (Mediacom, dish, direct tv, ETC) the device you use processes all the information so there is absolutely no additional load on the tv as there would be if you were watching static on it.

also another thing to keep in mind is that they physically stopped making those bulbs for the projection tv's 10 years or so ago so the bulbs they are buying, even if they are brand new, are at least that old and as such have a much smaller working life.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Was thinking not CRT as well.
I use to have a Mitsubishi DLP. The bulb lasted about 3 years. Every time I changed it, the life decreased. I was changing it at least once a year toward the end.

It might be a projection television, all I know is that it is a huge screen and it has AV and RGB inputs in back. it looks somewhat modern but it's vary bulky the screen is flat, but it has a massive back like what I think a projection TV would have. I originally thought playing various consoles was causing issues with this television.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:26:12 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED