Author Topic: GBC ROM edit tools Part 1  (Read 1020 times)

GBC ROM edit tools Part 1
« on: July 23, 2023, 09:41:11 am »
I'm looking for some tools that will help me edit any GBC game graphics, sound, levels, gameplay, text, etc.

Here's my starter guide:
Pocket Bomberman
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc.
Looney Tunes: Twouble!
Gex: Enter the Gecko
Chicken Run

Could anyone here give me some tools to help me do it?!

Re: GBC ROM edit tools Part 1
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:15:46 pm »
Anyone! Please help!!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 11:41:04 am »
I would not do that, editing games that didn't come with developer released editor software could open up red flags.

Duke Nukem 3D was released with a built-in editor, Jet Pack, was released with one too also THE SIMS 2 PC had body shop.

Mostly FPS games off the Ken Silverman engine for PC are ok to distribute and edit I believe

Editing Gameboy games for distribution is more illegal than downloading or even uploading Torrent ROMs of today's games I believe.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 11:53:36 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 12:44:25 pm »
Editing the data files of a game you own is completely legal.  The Game Genie case in the early 90s is the established precedent.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 07:30:27 am »
Editing the data files of a game you own is completely legal.  The Game Genie case in the early 90s is the established precedent.

forgot to mention that many editorial programmers not to be confused with the word hacker. have remade their own Mario levels with some kind software that lets your edit the levels of various cartridge games BUT ONLY MEANT FOR PERSONAL USEAGE

https://www.gbstudio.dev/

is one of these such programs, according to the cover letter it lets you build custom ROMS and everything. BUT? I think IF you create your own sound music and graphics you can practically get away with building an entire game for free than distributing it legally with that following software, I just gave link to :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"