Author Topic: Your favorite controller  (Read 3737 times)

Re: Your favorite controller
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 12:32:01 pm »
Xbox One. They basically took everything good about the 360 and improved it.

Special mention too for the Gamecube controller. I really like the asymmetrical face buttons, making it easy to have a primary action complimented by secondary actions (until the game makes you hit X + B).

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 08:46:59 pm »
XBOX 360 controller is my favorite and gamecube a close second followed buy the dreamcast controller.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 09:02:03 pm »
Personally my favourite has to be either the Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller, I’m a massive Xbox guy and those two are perfect imo. I probably lean further to the Xbox One just because it perfected the 360s original design.

However I do like the PS2 controller even if I’m not as much of a PlayStation fan.

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 05:54:07 am »
I used a Nyko AirFlo controller once and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I should buy one but maybe it isn't as cool as I thought it was?

I just now remembered this

I used to have this exact same controller for my PC. It had fans inside of the controller itself and prevented my hands from sweating in long hot or intense PC gaming sessions. I think mine broke or I may still have it I am not sure. it was really something neat. It did keep both hands nice and comfortably cool since especially during intense gaming sessions but mine was not built vary tough.

Something happened to it, not sure what, but it is a vary light and cheap feeling controller from what I remember but it's worth a shot though

HERE IS A LINK TO GET ONE FROM AMAZON IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO TRY THIS CONTROLLER FOR THEMSELVES

(it's not wireless it should come with a USB attached wire)

https://www.amazon.com/NYKO-TECHNOLOGIES-80650-Airflow-Controller/dp/B0006NGY9C

« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:07:23 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 07:04:33 am »
Back then, when news of the PS3 releasing was still fresh and the PS2 was already set to hand over its throne, I remember gawking at a custom design PS2 controller sold in a store nearby that was fully wireless, one of the first for its kind. Me being a kid at that time, my reaction to that controller was that I HAD TO GET IT, so I saved up my pennies and bought it for around 36 USD (worth 45 USD today when accounting for the value of the dollar at that time). That thing worked like a charm when it does, but I do remember the occasional drops in connectivity, the random button mis-registers, and the battery life (AA batteries) going from full to zero in between 2 weeks to a month. It had rubber grips on the side which wore off after a year and felt icky to hold onto at that point. This was when the PS3 got fully released and the sixaxis/dualshock 3 was prevalent, making wireless controllers for previous systems less appealing and seem more like a novelty item.

I loved that controller despite those issues but unfortunately, I've lost it and I've gone to just using knockoff wireless PS2 controllers for my current set today. At least the ones I am now using retain the shape of the standard PS2 controller, so the button layout is more familiar to me if anything.

aliensstudios

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 10:01:32 pm »
Back then, when news of the PS3 releasing was still fresh and the PS2 was already set to hand over its throne, I remember gawking at a custom design PS2 controller sold in a store nearby that was fully wireless, one of the first for its kind. Me being a kid at that time, my reaction to that controller was that I HAD TO GET IT, so I saved up my pennies and bought it for around 36 USD (worth 45 USD today when accounting for the value of the dollar at that time). That thing worked like a charm when it does, but I do remember the occasional drops in connectivity, the random button mis-registers, and the battery life (AA batteries) going from full to zero in between 2 weeks to a month. It had rubber grips on the side which wore off after a year and felt icky to hold onto at that point. This was when the PS3 got fully released and the sixaxis/dualshock 3 was prevalent, making wireless controllers for previous systems less appealing and seem more like a novelty item.

I loved that controller despite those issues but unfortunately, I've lost it and I've gone to just using knockoff wireless PS2 controllers for my current set today. At least the ones I am now using retain the shape of the standard PS2 controller, so the button layout is more familiar to me if anything.

I got Brook's PS2 adaptor. It's 40 bucks which is a bit pricy for a receiver but it allows you to use a Dualshock 3/4 controllers along with a number of other wireless (and wired) controllers on the PS2. It even supports rumble. It's quickly become my favorite controller adaptor I own.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."