Author Topic: Your Opinions Of Vibrating/Rumble Featured Controllers  (Read 6553 times)

Your Opinions Of Vibrating/Rumble Featured Controllers
« on: July 23, 2019, 10:04:24 pm »
For me I it don't matter if a controller vibrates or not, although I find the features just ok but it's not that big of a deal. to me But in my own experience with wireless controllers. I would try to remember to turn off rumble feature in all my games.

I'm vary sure that the vibrating feature in some game has a lot of ware and tear on any wireless controllers batteries but I could be wrong :-\
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

Re: Your Opinions Of Vibrating/Rumble Featured Controllers
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 12:12:23 pm »
I never liked the idea of Force Feedback. I will disable it if I am given the option to.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 06:18:44 pm »
For me I turn vibration off right away.  Thanks to my fibromyalgia rumbling actually annoys me, weird I know.  Years ago when it was new, starting off with Star Fox 64 and it's Rumble Pack, it was a fun and novel thing.  Now it just bugs me.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 07:06:58 pm »
I am indifferent towards it.

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 07:23:15 pm »
It's by no means a necessary feature for me. I could take it or leave it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 04:45:18 am »
I love vibrations, for some games I can't play without it tbh, NBA 2K, the Tony hawk games, any games where you drive. However it's also annoying when the vibrations are too strong tho

thecrypticodor

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 04:00:05 pm »
Honestly I don’t even notice it that often it just becomes like a white noise that my brain tunes out. One of my old PS2's from back in the day actually lost its ability to send the vibration signal to the controller because of a blown micro fuse on the motherboard. It probably didn’t work for months and I didn’t even notice until I was playing Metal Gear Solid and was at the Psycho Mantis put your controller on the floor part.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:04:06 pm by thecrypticodor »

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »
Honestly I don’t even notice it that often it just becomes like a white noise that my brain tunes out.

So, I'm not the only person in the world who usually doesn't even notice vibration! Haha!

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 05:43:59 pm »
I'd also put myself in the white noise category.

The only time I really even notice rumble (or the lack thereof when the battery's low enough) is doing the lockpicking stuff in Skyrim or Fallout.

stealthrush

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 06:50:08 pm »
Indifferent. But I won't go out of my way to obtain the feature (like Dreamcast rumble pack).

Speaking of vibration/rumble feature.. anybody used the Ascii Trance Vibrator?
For Rez on PS2.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:54 pm »
I too usually disable it if given the choice.  Now there have been a few times it was nice such as when in a racing game and your tires are hitting dirt.  I'm pretty sure there was once a stealth game where vibration occurred during an enemy's approach or during a horror genre and that added to the mood.  Lets face it though, if given the choice where you had buy a less expensive non vibrating controller vs one that did which would you get?

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 07:41:37 pm »
Indifferent. But I won't go out of my way to obtain the feature (like Dreamcast rumble pack).

Speaking of vibration/rumble feature.. anybody used the Ascii Trance Vibrator?
For Rez on PS2.

What does that even do besides vibrate, I feel a little uncomfortable asking this what is this vibrator for? as far as I know most PS1 and PS2 controllers already have a vibrator built inside the controller

google is not giving me any results :-\

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:43:24 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 08:18:19 pm »
I'm indifferent. The only time they annoy me is if I put the controller down to go do/grab something (say during a cut scene) and it vibrates and falls to the floor, lol. I've had that happen more than a few times.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 09:46:11 pm »
I love the vibrations, I don't think I enjoy games as much without it.  When I was really young I used to enter a racing game where you could drive the car into a wall and id hold RT down with a piece of tape so the car will burn out causing the vibration then id take the vibrating controller and put it under my pillow to sleep. :).   So in short I really love vibrating controllers and vibrations in general. 

Especially on Xbox One where the rumbler is literally under the trigger, so when you hit the gas or shoot a gun you feel that jolt, that tickles me in all the right ways lol. ;D

Agozer

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 01:13:00 pm »
I may not go as far as 'love', but I really like the vibration feature. I always feel like something is missing when there is no rumble. I remember back in the day when Force Feedback joysticks came became a thing, I was quite interested, but I never had the money to get one. Plus, if I remember correctly, the Force Feedback joystick were mainly designed for flight sims and such which I didn't play.