Author Topic: Does The PlayStation 2 Need An Internal Battery For Some Games?  (Read 3641 times)

Does The PlayStation 2 Need An Internal Battery For Some Games?
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:30:03 pm »
Every time I restart or turn off my PlayStation 2 phat the clock resets to the year 2000, the technical service I had done this month might have caused this, the games still save fine, but what exactly does the PS2 clock do?

OK I do know that some games like the Tiger Woods series use the clock for the real time events calendar but you don't need it to run this game at all and all my games work and save fine as of today.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:34:11 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

Re: Does The PlayStation 2 Need An Internal Battery For Some Games?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:23:37 pm »
It's got a cmos battery, apparently yours is dead. I don't really know if any games depend on it or not, but it's replaceable. It just uses a standard 2032 coin battery.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Re: Does The PlayStation 2 Need An Internal Battery For Some Games?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:36:00 pm »
I am very particular on save file data, and a lot of games are as well, so just change the battery.  You can get an entire pack of them on eBay for 70 cents, or go to an electronics store or the battery section of your grocery store and they should have one.  It's usually a once in a lifetime thing. I've never had to change it on mine, and they are all early models and used.