Author Topic: Your favorite controller  (Read 3773 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Your favorite controller
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:11:19 pm »
I know we did this a while ago, but there’s a ton of new usernames.

What’s your favorite controller?  Is it some old school classic?  Is it the hottest thing going right now?  Let me know!

My #1 greatest controller ever is the XBox360 controller. It fits my hand perfectly and has the right number of buttons. I’d like to add a better Dpad, but that’s small potatoes.

Re: Your favorite controller
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 12:36:05 pm »
I used a Nyko AirFlo controller once and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I should buy one but maybe it isn't as cool as I thought it was?

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 02:04:43 pm »
I like playing most Nintendo 64 games with my new Retro-Bit Tribute 64 Controller for Nintendo N64 - Original Port - Red

I think that the Nintendo brand GameCube Controller is vary comfortable it hard but I say it 2nd.

I like Microsoft brand Xbox controllers next

then PlayStation 1-4 but not any wireless PlayStation 1-4 controllers. The PlayStation's 3-4 SONY brand only come in wireless as far as I can tell. and I have had a lot of tech problems with at least 2 SONY used Wireless PlayStation 3 controllers so I will not ever buy a wireless controller again.

Next would be the NES original 8-bit Nintendo Brand controllers, only on 8-bit hardware or through an emulation console those NES controllers are built like mini tanks :D

Then Super Nintendo controller depending on the game

SEGA genesis is my next one

Next is PC keyboard without using a mouse on games

then the Atari 2600 controllers on my Atari Flashback 8 console

than one of my least favorite is the standard Nintendo 64 style controllers

another least favorite for standard game play is using the Wii mote for un-sports like games

even worse is the Colecovision Flashback console controller

even worse is the Mattel Intellivision Flashback console controller

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:08:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »
My favorite is probably the Wii U pro controller if only the right stick was above the face buttons
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

stealthrush

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 05:23:36 pm »
Retro: JPN Sega Saturn controller (HSS-0101-S)
Modern: Xbox 360 controller

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 06:05:45 pm »
Not sure I’d call it my favorite, but I’ve always been partial to the TG-16 controller. It took everything good about the NES controller and made it better. Well, everything except the cable length.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

ferraroso

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 06:36:57 pm »
I still think the Saturn's controller is the best ever made. Perfect size and great D-pad, simultaneously simple, ergonomic and practical. Plus, the six face buttons are perfect for playing most of the games of its generation.
Well done, Sega!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 06:44:39 pm »
For me it's the Xbox 360 controller.  Haven't really played with the Xbox One controller to say if I like it any more, but I've been basically using an Xbox 360 controller for years, first on the 360 and then it's been my main controller when I need it on PC.  Just the most comfortable and well designed.   I'll probably only use a 360 controller on PC until I literally can't get it anymore lol

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 07:24:24 pm »
I really like the Wii U Pro controller a lot, it's preferable over the Switch Pro and I use it whenever I can, thanks to different adaptors it isn't locked just to use on the Wii U. I also really like the DualShock 4, I use adaptors so I can use it on the PS3, PS2 and PS1. I also like the GameCube controller, but it's a bit overrated overall. I also like the 360 controller over the original Xbox and Xbox One controllers.

The Wii U gamepad is great and feels worlds better than the Switch in portable mode.

People pretty much universally kvetch about the Intellivision controller, but I love, love, love it!

The SNES, Genesis (6 button), NES and Saturn (2nd version) controllers are just about equal in my eyes in terms of usability and comfort, and I think they're all equally great.

- I'm not a fan of the TurboGrafx 16 controller, it's like a downgraded NES controller.
- The original North American Saturn controller sucks.
- The Nintendo 64 controller was never great. Even as a kid I hated it. Thankfully I have an adaptor so I can use a GameCube controller with it.
- The PS1/2 and 3 controllers are serviceable but are hard to go back to after using a DualShock 4.
- The Dreamcast controller can pound sand. Aside from the triggers, I don't like it much.
- Joycons aren't great.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 08:27:12 pm »
Original Xbox Duke Controller!!!

No? Yeah, me either but I would to say the Xbox 360 controller is prob my fav b/c of its long term comfort and universal adaptability.  Plus, just like those old NES and SNES controllers they rarely die.  I do agree that the Sega Saturn 3D controller was good as well as the TG-16 controllers, but I'm just not sold on its D-pad 100%.   

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 10:29:03 pm »
PS2 controller with the Xbox 360 a close second

wolfen

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 01:16:05 am »
Gamecube is the all time fave, but the Switch Pro Controller is a close 2nd.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 03:25:02 am »
Gamecube is the all time fave, but the Switch Pro Controller is a close 2nd.

2nd that
Your Stylish Sword Master!

kashell

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 08:08:27 am »
The PlayStation 2 controller. It feels the most comfortable and responsive.

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 09:13:41 am »
Saturn (US) controller first, then PS2 DualShock 2 controller, then probably the Sega Genesis 6 button.