Author Topic: playstation 5  (Read 4213 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

playstation 5
« on: July 30, 2019, 12:57:37 pm »
In sweden you can pre order it for 9999 Swedish Kronen.

That is for the EU 945€. For the US i dont know, but will be simulair.

Re: playstation 5
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 01:05:45 pm »
Some random website listing a price of a console that hasn't had an official reveal doesn't seem trustworthy.

I also highly doubt they are going to from charging $400 for a PS4 Pro to charging $1000 for a PS5. I guess with the price of flagship phones nowadays it's possible but that would just be dumb.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 01:07:49 pm »
It was on Media Markt, that is a large store in the EU.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 02:53:58 pm »
its only a placeholder. i think ps5 will cost about 650 euro, like ps3 in the past.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 04:11:56 am »
wasn't there some issue with china where all these consoles are produced. the trade war

consoles being 25% to 30% more expensive to import out of china thanks to tariffs

even current consoles when new batches arrive might be a hell lot more pricy
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 04:20:46 am »
Any prices coming up for the PS5 at this point are pure guesswork.  The PS5 is likely going to be in the 6 to 700 dollar range.  Anything much higher than that would be a problem for Sony just like the PS3 was.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 05:46:28 am »
Any prices coming up for the PS5 at this point are pure guesswork.  The PS5 is likely going to be in the 6 to 700 dollar range.  Anything much higher than that would be a problem for Sony just like the PS3 was.

I'd be shocked if Sony doubled the price for the PS5. At $600 or $700 dollars I can't see it surviving.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 06:30:53 am »

I'd be shocked if Sony doubled the price for the PS5. At $600 or $700 dollars I can't see it surviving.

The Playstation 4 launched at 400 bucks, the Xbox One X launched at 500 dollars, that's not double the price, though 700 I do agree is pushing it.  I don't think 600 is that wrong though, especially if Xbox is going for something similar to what we've heard rumored for the PS5.  If both come out at that price, I wouldn't be surprised.  I'd honestly be more surprised if they are both at 500, because that's gonna end up being dang cheap then for what they will supposedly be doing.

saetron

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 09:51:09 am »
It is a placeholder for MediaMarkt Sweden, they want to get the sales for it before the Pre Purchase phase even starts.

I doubt this high price, it would kill the PS5 immediately, it will be in the range between 600 and 800 and even that is way to high and likely cause the same problems like with the PS3-.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 07:44:46 pm »
If PS5 launches anywhere near 700, it'll sell less than Wii U. That's just simply offensive. Once you creep into gaming PC prices most will just scoff at it. Used cars can cost around 700. I think they should just not make it if they cant be realistic with pricing.  I already had to force myself to spend 500 for one x.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 11:52:34 pm »
If PS5 launches anywhere near 700, it'll sell less than Wii U. That's just simply offensive. Once you creep into gaming PC prices most will just scoff at it. Used cars can cost around 700. I think they should just not make it if they cant be realistic with pricing.  I already had to force myself to spend 500 for one x.

perfect point marvelvscapcom2, heck a good PC can cost less than that and can actually hold more game data than most all PlayStation 4's. A PC has more ways of obtaining games like Steam and GOG as some examples. But I would only think that Any PlayStation console would be worth $700 is if it played all PlayStation games 1-5 in both Physical and Digital copies.

If the PS5 runs the full game off the harddrive and takes more than 5 gigabytes for one single game forget about it

hell the last time I played a modern game was the Sims 3 on PC and the whole series (all together) of the games are only 20 Gigabyte or a little more
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:00:03 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 12:05:49 pm »
wasn't there some issue with china where all these consoles are produced. the trade war

consoles being 25% to 30% more expensive to import out of china thanks to tariffs

even current consoles when new batches arrive might be a hell lot more pricy

That shouldn't effect console prices in EU, only in US. Since the whole idea of a tarrif is, Console has X price in EU and X price + tarif in US.